Getting Mission5 working again

Questions / Announcements area for beta tests of Allegiance's future updates.
LANS

Post by LANS »

So recently I've been working on getting the training missions working again, adapted for the new keymap. I know they kinda suck, but they're still actually good at teaching how the game works. I'm done adapting 2, 3, and 4 now.

However, I've been having some trouble getting mission5 to run properly. I'm making this thread to keep track of what's going on in a more organized way than discord.

Right now its throwing an exception when loading into mission 5 after the slideshow. This is with pcore14 defined as the training core in igc.h:1002

I think the error has to do with changes to object numbers in the core for miners, but I can't quite figure it out.

At some point, missionigc.h:529 gives a null result, this passes up to shipIGC.cpp:143, calling shipIGC.cpp:1342 (void CshipIGC::SetBaseHullType(IhullTypeIGC* newVal) ) which throws an error when it gets fed a null value.

The start of the process which fails is in mission5.cpp, I think a little after line 218? - Its loading various core objects by calling their numbers, and is failing somewhere in there. I'll look for exactly where later.

Ideas? Anyone else want to have a crack at this?
Last edited by LANS on Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Radulfr

Post by Radulfr »

I replaced the expendable type ID 431 with 87 as we discussed in Discord and left everything else alone -> loads into the mission fine and works as far as I've seen.
LANS

Post by LANS »

I did that too, and I'm still crashing.
ImageImage