Element VS XT + Mercs

Tactical advice, How-to, Post-mortem, etc.
qqmwoarplox

Post by qqmwoarplox »

I forgot to record this one, server crashed we drew gg
Vortrog

Post by Vortrog »

was gonna be a great finish.....IC 2 sector Adv Exp (htts on the way) vs Cashed up Dreg Adv Sup (figbees), specs and map.

To hell with you server!
qqmwoarplox

Post by qqmwoarplox »

Yeah I couldn't wait for them to HTT my teleports thank god the server crashed :lol:
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

don't think we were gonna go for htts, no point. no point in going adv exp anyway. hvy ints are vastly inferior in every way to adv figs on this core. 2nd squad game in a row with adv exp that it was clear that - despite having wtfpwned the early game which should have decided it anyway - we would lose without a second tech because hvy ints have been effectively nullified into uselessness relative to adv figs (and capships)

this message brought to you by the pilot fighting 1 other xt to maintain top kills in an int on the team - and generally does so

I am beyond question
Last edited by Mastametz on Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's a new sheriff in town.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Wasn't Shiz top kills for most of that game? Followed by Broodwich?

And the game before you were in a three way dogfight with Ryu and Sycrus for second place.
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

once it became a turtling game, the prox kills took the lead. especially since there was no way to chase down a dreg boost3 adv fig with an ic hvy int

i was trailing 2nd in kills for most of the game while flying an int was still purposeful

after that the game was over anyway

didn't realize I was competing with brood. i guess I did hear his voice at one point maybe?-
Last edited by Mastametz on Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Well a day late and a dollar short, here's the recap as I remember it:

Dreg vs IC on Star.

IC goes high, puts TP at top choke, OP at far choke. Dreg goes low, puts TP at low choke and OP at far choke. Mirrored map. Ryu has Drizz push a miner forward to the op. Drizz stops at 3 miners, some miner offense begins.

I don't think either side really impacted miners too too much with this.

K10 pushes an op to Drizzo's TP high right as the IC expansion rips in. Drizzo elects to bomb the op so he can mine at the expansion. Mini2 spawns in front of the expansion so Drizz gets out and grabs it.

The op gets bombed, XT kills a couple of miners, and Drizz buys another outpost for mid. He considers putting it short mid, but pushes it long mid. He continues to try to mine his exp and op, but the incoming Dregh fighters are just too much.

XT tries to bomb Element's sup. It doesn't work.

At this point Element gets a backup sup and a spec mine (maybe the spec mine was first, I dunno man). XT continues to try (and fail) to mine their exp and op. Element gets adv sup about the same time as XT gets adv exp.

There's one last hvy int bomb run on the sup. Shortly after that, the game ccccccccrashed.
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

They went specs right after the first sup. I think they had 4 specs at the end.