New beta version patch notes

Front page items.
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

raumvogel wrote:QUOTE (raumvogel @ Jan 7 2018, 08:37 PM) My install has bugs already but this beta has un-stabilized my keys and sound as well as my ability to switch stations....all randomly.
Elaborate?
QUOTE ^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed[/quote]
raumvogel

Post by raumvogel »

Senor NoirSol wrote:QUOTE (Senor NoirSol @ Jan 7 2018, 04:10 PM) Elaborate?
I can lose function of my keyboard. Pressing esc makes it work...until it does it again.

I was unable to adjust the sound levels and there was the sound of boosting when I wasn't boosting.When this happened that sound would go on and off after random movements.When i did try to boost...no boost sound.

I would land in the station and try to switch stations under F2 and it wouldn't let me.

I had to jump out of the game and then it worked...until slightly later when it did it to me again.

I jumped out and went back to the normal install.
LANS

Post by LANS »

raumvogel wrote:QUOTE (raumvogel @ Jan 8 2018, 09:18 AM) I was unable to adjust the sound levels and there was the sound of boosting when I wasn't boosting.When this happened that sound would go on and off after random movements.When i did try to boost...no boost sound.
Replace your sounddef.mdl file. I don't possibly understand how, but that sidethrust code should be triggering the sidethrust sound, not the booster sound, and its linked to sidethruster keys being pushed (not the thrusters themselves).

Edit: https://github.com/FreeAllegiance/Artwo ... unddef.mdl
Last edited by LANS on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
raumvogel

Post by raumvogel »

LANS wrote:QUOTE (LANS @ Jan 8 2018, 06:34 PM) Replace your sounddef.mdl file. I don't possibly understand how, but that sidethrust code should be triggering the sidethrust sound, not the booster sound, and its linked to sidethruster keys being pushed (not the thrusters themselves).

Edit: https://github.com/FreeAllegiance/Artwo ... unddef.mdl
I don't need to replace it.I'm fine when not in the beta.
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

This is now live on the normal client, thanks to all the testers for their bug reports
QUOTE ^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed[/quote]
Terran

Post by Terran »

QUOTE - Towers now prioritize targeting ships over missiles (Radulfr)[/quote]..................uhh why?

QUOTE - When sending a miner to a sector without specifying a task, a reasonable one is chosen right away instead of once the miner is in the sector. This prevents the miner from going straight back to the previous sector.[/quote]this prevents it from going straight back to the previous sector? seems to be if the sector is unscouted, the miner will not go there in the first place? it makes sense for it to decide what to do after it enters, cause chances are by that time it will have found some helium
Last edited by Terran on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JimmyNighthawk wrote:QUOTE (JimmyNighthawk @ Jun 30 2013, 11:32 PM) "Bavarian Sausage Anti-Ketchup Soap"[*]