Patch 17.12.3

Front page items.
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

QUOTE Here's the skinny:

Gameplay:

- New default cargo for most ships. (Radulfr)

Training:

- Training missions make use of PCore12 (Radulfr)
- Various fixes and changes for training mission 6 (Radulfr)
- Various fixes and tweaks for training mission 7 (Radulfr)

Visuals:

- Mines are rendered solid as intended (Rock)

UI:

- F3 always closes/opens the Command View, regardless of what other windows are open. (Radulfr)
- Close windows which prevent toggling the mouse mode back to control the ship. Except for the investment window - it can be kept open while flying. (Radulfr)
- The "Join Team" button for NOAT is hidden if already on NOAT. (Radulfr)

General Graphics:

- Textures are unloaded from regular memory after being loaded into video memory. Roughly halfs alleg's memory usage. (Rock)
- Slightly improved ui rendering performance by reducing the number of texture mode switches (Rock)
- Support for font anti-aliasing. Sadly no visible effect on the upscaled old UIs. (Rock)
- Slightly improved loading times by caching fonts (Rock)
- Removed some artwork files related to unused cores. (Rock)

Bug Fixes:

- Command View doesn't try to zoom to the next galaxy any more (Radulfr)
Told the hangar crew off for neglecting to mount all the guns on upgraded ships. (Radulfr)
- Spacebar or whatever is bound to "toggle mouse mode" can be used to chat while undocking. (Radulfr)
- Losing game focus (alt tab) while in mouse joystick mode now disables mouse joystick mode. Also solves an issue where the game would freeze when getting the focus back. (Rock)
- Dealt with unresponsive keys after Alt+Tab. (Radulfr)
- Fixed several transparency issues introduced in the last release (Rock)
- Fixed exit game not working after toggling high resolution textures (Rock)
- Fixed crash when rendering an explosion that filled the entire screen (Rock)

Server:

- Towers can shoot at drones without disrupting the time-space continuum (Radulfr)
- Movement thrusters are reset before launching from base (Radulfr)

Linux:

- Continuing progress on migrating code base to C++ v14 (Bog-Dan-Ro)[/quote]
QUOTE ^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed[/quote]
raumvogel

Post by raumvogel »

Shizoku

Post by Shizoku »

QUOTE - Close windows which prevent toggling the mouse mode back to control the ship. Except for the investment window - it can be kept open while flying. (Radulfr)[/quote]

What does this mean?
TheRock

Post by TheRock »

A hotfix has been deployed a few hours ago:
- Disabled/Removed the auto-mipmap feature, it caused explosions to render incorrectly after the changes to reduce alleg's memory usage (BT/Rock)
- Instead of setting virtual joystick to off when the game loses focus, it remembers the value so that it turns back on when returning to the game (Rock)

QUOTE - Close windows which prevent toggling the mouse mode back to control the ship. Except for the investment window - it can be kept open while flying. (Radulfr)[/quote]
Previously, toggling virtual joystick didn't do anything when some windows were open. Those windows will now close automatically when the toggle is pressed with the exception of the investment window. I guess it covers the situation where you are casually looking at teams while an enemy suddenly comes through an aleph.
Image Image Image
wizace

Post by wizace »

Hey Guys,

my last visit was in 2006 and still I urge to play this game again. Since Windows Vista made me finally switch to Linux around that date I have a hard time with Allegiance and tried again and again to make it work under Linux. No I see, the availability through steam, which I make a circle around for obvious reasons (DRM).
So, my question, is the normal download version which may be found under http://www.freeallegiance.org/downloads/ still supported and does it patch itself to the current version? I'd love to give it another try and maybe I'm finally able to play again this masterpiece.
After all, thank you very much for your work on this.

Sincerely
wizace
pkk

Post by pkk »

DRM is used to enforce files to prevent cheating, like ASGS/ACSS did.

The old client is no longer compatible with Steam release.
The Escapist (Justin Emerson) @ Dec 21 2010, 02:33 PM:
The history of open-source Allegiance is paved with the bodies of dead code branches, forum flame wars, and personal vendettas. But a community remains because people still love the game.