WC06

Discussion / Announcement area for WeedCore development.
Weedman

Post by Weedman »

It was suggested some things are cheesy in the core, I somewhat agree.

So, I used pcore12 as a basis for this.

Phantom and Phoenix did a lot of tweaks to fix parts development and other balance issues. I did not like what I did with Afterburners so that is disabled.

Interceptors mount booster 1. Afterburner is disabled.

Lt ints: fuel 12, except: TF and BIOS fuel 14 (did not change anything)
All Interceptors: fuel 14 (was 13)
Heavy Interceptors: fuel 15 (was 13)

Bios, TF, Belters Ints/Hvy ints small fuel nerf (compared to DN values) all ints have increased fuel vs pcore value

Advanced scouts available for purchase with Garrison (Starbase)
Resonator 1: 1000dmg, 1000m blast range, one-sided
Resonator 2: 2000dmg, 2000m blast range, one-sided
Resonator 3: 3000dmg, 3000m blast range, one-sided

This should greatly improve Hvy Bomber success. One-sided aleph resonators will let you get into the sector, after that it's up to you. Also I would like to see more Adv Scouts, so you may research them immediately in the Garrison. Fun fact. 1000 dmg would wipe out any small craft, but it will not pod a bomber.

Quickfire123: 0.5 second reload (0.25) - 0.33 second lock time for all.

Telerefinery: scan range 2600m (2400m)

AB2 and AC2 added to treasures.

IC: tech constructors 2 minutes (was 4 minutes)

Rix: starting fighter has 3 gat. Cannot rip to SR scout unless Rix buys adv scouts or energy upgrade in TAC. (if you remember, originally.. starting figs could not rip to scouts, you needed enh fig for that, it was not even possible for fighters to rip to small-ripcords)
Scout (SR) energy recharge 60 (was 40)
Heavy Scout mount mini-ac front gun
Gunship 2 pilot pw autocannons

Giga:
Lxy Patroller available, requires patroller, and starbase, cost 500, +50 HP, +1 mine, +1 gunmount
*New Lxy Patroller model

Phoenix: Vanguard does not require gunship development. It requires adv tech base, transceiver, and vanguard development. that's -20k on the price tag for gunship and starbase
can load laser blossom

Omicron: ints ammo 540, hvy int ammo 540

Gunships: free with a Shipyard purchase. 500 credits a piece. Disabled corvettes. Corvettes are basically big Gunships.

DM03 (disruptor - killer missiles etc) effect vs heavy hull, extra heavy hull 2 (was 4), effect vs lt base hull 3 (was 4)

Destroyers: HP 2000 (1500) cost 2000 (3000)
Cruisers: HP 5000 (4000)
Assault Ship: speed 140 (120)
Last edited by Weedman on Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
QUOTE Once engaged 13 and a half Dreg Heavy Ints (at the same time) with an IC Int and emerged in a heavy int with 2 mini 3 and 1 mini dis and all foes destroyed
--- QUOTE (spideycw @ Apr 1 2009, 01:53 PM) Definition of wtfpwn: Weedman in an int[/quote]
Lordus Weedicus II•Uses TS but can be difficult to understand due to the fact has never been sober•Expert int whore (without non-standard use of strafe buttons)•Gains skill increase when playing with Aarmstrong or former members of TRA•Expert miner D (ability to aim)•Can be trusted to run your economy•One of the half dozen or so game changers•Average Stacker
cashto

Post by cashto »

Weedman wrote:QUOTE (Weedman @ Oct 29 2017, 09:17 AM) Resonator 3: 3000dmg, 3000m blast range, one-sided

This should greatly improve Hvy Bomber success. One-sided aleph resonators will let you get into the sector, after that it's up to you.
If I have at my disposal a weapon that can pod half a sector, I'm not even going to bother going through. Someone prox the aleph for me please.
Globemaster_III wrote:QUOTE (Globemaster_III @ Jan 11 2018, 11:27 PM) as you know i think very little of cashto, cashto alway a flying low pilot, he alway flying a trainer airplane and he rented
Terran

Post by Terran »

i like this! gonna have some massive amounts of fun with aleph rez

edit: please bring rix hvy scouts back to what they were in WC04 :biggrin:
Last edited by Terran on Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
JimmyNighthawk wrote:QUOTE (JimmyNighthawk @ Jun 30 2013, 11:32 PM) "Bavarian Sausage Anti-Ketchup Soap"[*]
Weedman

Post by Weedman »

Oh yes. I think they have to have mini ac
QUOTE Once engaged 13 and a half Dreg Heavy Ints (at the same time) with an IC Int and emerged in a heavy int with 2 mini 3 and 1 mini dis and all foes destroyed
--- QUOTE (spideycw @ Apr 1 2009, 01:53 PM) Definition of wtfpwn: Weedman in an int[/quote]
Lordus Weedicus II•Uses TS but can be difficult to understand due to the fact has never been sober•Expert int whore (without non-standard use of strafe buttons)•Gains skill increase when playing with Aarmstrong or former members of TRA•Expert miner D (ability to aim)•Can be trusted to run your economy•One of the half dozen or so game changers•Average Stacker
Deathrender

Post by Deathrender »

Weedman wrote:QUOTE (Weedman @ Oct 29 2017, 10:17 AM) Giga:
Lxy Patroller available, requires patroller, and starbase, cost 500, +50 HP, +1 mine, +1 gunmount
*New Lxy Patroller model
Skipped an entire number for the new WC just to get Lxy Patties.

Worth.

Also glad we're experimenting with Adv Scouts in Garrison.

Hopefully this mixes things up a bit and becomes a staple in modern cores.
Last edited by Deathrender on Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Jul 22 2017, 05:58 PM) Mini ac gunner mount was removed because somewhere along the lines we had a core dev that said, "I really hate Terran and want him to be miserable." And all core devs ever since have agreed.
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

weed gimme a link and i'll push it to the codebase :)
Last edited by MagisterXF94 on Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
QUOTE ^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed[/quote]
Weedman

Post by Weedman »

sorry for my delayed response, I have some testing to do, and I am including some minor new artwork, a lxy patty model and some icons
BackTrak

Post by BackTrak »

:iluv:

Thanks Weed!
ImageImage