Allegiance Forms

Catch-all for all development not having a specific forum.
AaronMoore

Post by AaronMoore »

Hi everyone!

It's been quite a long while, well done getting on Steam!
I've been working on this project for about a year now, It's the 4th time I've started making a game based on Allegiance... :o

Allegiance Forms is a 2D Tactical RTS written in C#.

My goals were to:
Implement most of the Allegiance mechanics (scan range, signature, eject pods, research, construction)Experiment with AI commanders, random factions and maps.Command by myself without pressure or toxicity.Enjoy our great nostalgic sound effects!Automate testing as much as possible.

The AI cheats by various amounts based on difficulty (extra credits, vision and pilots).
It needs to because it makes poor decisions, but it can be challenging & fun to play against.

The game has many similarities to Allegiance:
Gar/Exp/Sup/Tac/SY tech, limited pilots with eject pods, miners, constructors, towers, minefields and alliances.
But is also quite different:
Outposts and Starbases add more "Pilots" to your team (5 & 10).Factions all share the same tech path and only differ by a set of variables.Weapons are either beams that always hit or missiles.Units are dumb and need to be micro managed, but do what you tell them! :) Singleplayer only, no teleporting, no probes, 2-4 teams.Capital ships don't require pilots, but are limited.Transports can't attack shields. You'll need to bring a bomber along to allow base captures.Ships aren't purchased.

I feel it is more focused than Allegiance, with smaller sectors and faster ships.
It is challenging and chaotic, and hard to prevent the enemy expanding.
If you let the game drag on, the enemy may overwhelm you with all the tech and crazy pilot numbers. :)

I want to add multiplayer, and finish the Campaign mode.
It still needs a story element, support for unlocking tech, and a win-condition.

I'm excited by the thought of something like this that real players can drop in/out of in the real game with 3d combat.
Or, maybe having a Human team vs an AI team in the real game...

*See you around!*
:ninja:

Gameplay Video:

YouTube

Source (C#):
https://github.com/aarmo/AllegianceForms

Download (Win64 .NET 4.5.2):
https://github.com/aarmo/AllegianceForm ... -Win64.zip
Dome

Post by Dome »

wow dude! haha looks great! I will be trying this out soon.
carbon

Post by carbon »

That looks awesome. It's nothing like Allegiance though, everyone's flying in formation and doing what they're told :lol:
TheBored

Post by TheBored »

Hah that's a cool take on Allegiance. I saved a reminder for myself, I'll try and check this out soon.

TB
spideycw wrote:QUOTE (spideycw @ Nov 28 2008, 02:50 PM) All the retards are contained in one squad mostly (System X)
[18:48] <Imago> dont take me seriously
TheBored

Post by TheBored »

Had a chance to play this yesterday, what a great game! It's clearly alpha and such... but fun enough to continue going (IMO). I didn't really know what I was doing and got smoked by the AI :)

Not sure what you're targeting, but making this work on mobile would be an excellent experience.

TB
spideycw wrote:QUOTE (spideycw @ Nov 28 2008, 02:50 PM) All the retards are contained in one squad mostly (System X)
[18:48] <Imago> dont take me seriously
ryujin

Post by ryujin »

Aaron Moore wrote:QUOTE (Aaron Moore @ Oct 14 2017, 07:32 PM) [*]Units are dumb and need to be micro managed, but do what you tell them! :)
Sounds Better than allegiance already!

TheBored wrote:QUOTE (TheBored @ Oct 18 2017, 01:53 PM) Not sure what you're targeting, but making this work on mobile would be an excellent experience.

TB
THIS THIS THIS!
I'm always looking for an allegiance like game on Google play! DOOOO ITTT!
I might even be down to help for the experience of learning some @#(!...

Anyway about to try it! Thanks!
*#$@faced $#@!tard Troll