Test the Allegiance steam release!

Questions / Announcements area for beta tests of Allegiance's future updates.
BackTrak

Post by BackTrak »

fishbone wrote:QUOTE (fishbone @ Aug 30 2017, 04:40 PM) I'm confused...when you say you don't need to uninstall, I am assuming you will install from STEAM - so will the STEAM install be in a different location? I'm not a developer, but it wouldn't make sense to test code unless it is downloaded and installed from STEAM. Sorry, I'm not the brightest bulb - I don't currently have Allegiance installed and would like to help test - but was hoping to install from Steam.

Hi Fish,

You will need to install the steam client, and then request a beta key from Blacksun. He has a pile to hand out, and I have plenty more where those came from. Once you get your key, head over to the steam store to redeem it, and Allegiance will install via Steam. Allegiance will then setup in it's own steam directory and use it's own registry branch so you can keep your current Allegiance client while you test the new one. You do not need to run ACSS when you test the Steam version, but it will not affect anything if you do.

Thanks everyone in advance!
ImageImage
Wasp

Post by Wasp »

PLEASE REBOOT IF:

You played the current production of allegiance since your last reboot OR if you played the beta Dx7 version and intend to test the beta Dx9 version.

Failure to reboot will subject you to graphic anomalies, guaranteed! :D
Last edited by Wasp on Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
raumvogel

Post by raumvogel »

Wasp wrote:QUOTE (Wasp @ Aug 31 2017, 12:01 PM) PLEASE REBOOT IF:

You played the current production of allegiance since your last reboot OR if you played the beta Dx7 version and intend to test the beta Dx9 version.

Failure to reboot will subject you to graphic anomalies, guaranteed! :D
You are in control.I hope to help further.

Debugging is important if we want to make this succeed.
beeman

Post by beeman »

BackTrak wrote:QUOTE (BackTrak @ Aug 31 2017, 09:54 AM) Hi Fish,

You will need to install the steam client, and then request a beta key from Blacksun. He has a pile to hand out, and I have plenty more where those came from. Once you get your key, head over to the steam store to redeem it, and Allegiance will install via Steam. Allegiance will then setup in it's own steam directory and use it's own registry branch so you can keep your current Allegiance client while you test the new one. You do not need to run ACSS when you test the Steam version, but it will not affect anything if you do.

Thanks everyone in advance!
Thanks BT! Well done!!!
"What if, star sailor, I were to come over your house and punch you in the $#@!ing face?!
Will that finally get you to shut the hell up?!?" -- neotoxin
raumvogel

Post by raumvogel »

Is this off? Do enough people have a key?

It's Sept 3rd.
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

Yes this is still going!

12 people have a key
QUOTE ^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed[/quote]
raumvogel

Post by raumvogel »

OK...I was just testing with wasp.Everything seemed fine,then the game locked up.I had to re-boot.

Now when I try to launch in Steam,the game no longer runs.
Wasp

Post by Wasp »

If you're going to test, please set your game in steam to update upon launch...Steam auto update doesn't seem fast enough.

Right click game (as shown in Libraries), then goto Properties then select the Updates tab, then change the update to "Only Update This Game When I Launch It".

Please don't forget to reboot first IF you've played the regular production version since your last reboot.
Last edited by Wasp on Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Papsmear

Post by Papsmear »

Beta testing went great yesterday.
I believe around 100 keys were given out.
ImageImage
Orion

Post by Orion »

Guys - I'm super impressed! Congratulations for publishing to steam!