Clicks not working in opening screen - double-click in game bug

A place to post suggestions for new features, new bugs, and comments about the existing code.
KGJV

Post by KGJV »

I've created an issue for this : https://github.com/kgersen/Allegiance/issues/234
BackTrak

Post by BackTrak »

I believe this should fix the double button click issue.

Code: Select all

bool EngineWindow::IsDoubleClick()
{
    // BT - 8/17 - Double click fix. #234 - [url="https://github.com/kgersen/Allegiance/issues/234"]https://github.com/kgersen/Allegiance/issues/234[/url]
    return (fabs(fabs(m_timeCurrent.clock()) - fabs(m_timeLastClick.clock())) < 250);

// return (m_timeCurrent < (m_timeLastClick + 0.25f));
}
Checking through the code, there are a lot of effects and other things that this could disrupt, but as it's been 17 years, and only the double button click has been annoying... c'est la vie?

Edit: Shouldn't post code until you test it! :)
Last edited by BackTrak on Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
KGJV

Post by KGJV »

I'm bit swamped till end of September atm, not sure I'll find time to test this.

and it's still very unclear for me where everything is happening atm , see: index...st&p=703685
Last edited by KGJV on Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
raumvogel

Post by raumvogel »

I have since developed this problem.At the same time my computer developed this problem: Windows keyboard glitch

I'm wondering if the two are related.
Jimen

Post by Jimen »

I'm running into this too. Seems like for now, the work-around is to reboot your computer if it's been running for more than 50 days?
Arson_Fire

Post by Arson_Fire »

More than 25 days. After 50 days the time resets back to 0, and things start working again.

Also, be aware that modern versions of windows (windows 8 onwards I think) have a feature called hybrid shutdown, where shutting down your computer actually just puts it into sleep mode. This doesn't reset the timer. The introduction of this feature is probably the reason why this bug only became a problem in the games later years.
Last edited by Arson_Fire on Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sycrus

Post by Sycrus »

Just ran into this problem yesterday - restart it instead of shut down, works perfectly fine now
NakPPI@XT wrote:QUOTE (NakPPI@XT @ Oct 7 2008, 03:50 PM) I didn't log in to allegiance to be taunted by some keyboard warrior that gets off by bragging about the size of his nuts in a 10 year old video game
BackTrak

Post by BackTrak »

Just to be clear, my fix is only on the steam branch, so let me know if you see it over there.
ImageImage
ThePhantom032

Post by ThePhantom032 »

BackTrak wrote:QUOTE (BackTrak @ Sep 10 2017, 07:36 PM) Just to be clear, my fix is only on the steam branch, so let me know if you see it over there.
Your fix works, i have the issue on non-steam but do not have it on steam version.
Still ready to teach anyone who asks nicely whatever they want to know about playing alleg. Contrary to popular opinion I do not eat newbies. Voobs taste much better.