Star Citizen

Non-Allegiance related. High probability of spam. Pruned regularly.
sunrodent

Post by sunrodent »

Duckwarrior wrote:QUOTE (Duckwarrior @ Nov 15 2016, 04:07 AM) Come on, being racist would be saying something insane, in public. Something like, 81% of white homicide victims were killed by black people, without checking your facts.
so, if a person checks his facts and doesn't say things in public they wouldn't be a racist. i'm gonna have to check the facts on that, before i say anything else. wink wink nudge nudge know what i mean?
Life is Funny, without it yer Dead.
SumVeritas

Post by SumVeritas »

sunrodent wrote:QUOTE (sunrodent @ Nov 15 2016, 02:03 AM) are you a racist? sum veritas?
Tend to forget there is no sarcasm on the boards
Duckwarrior wrote:QUOTE (Duckwarrior @ Mar 8 2017, 09:38 PM) Desert eagle .50 cal from beechcraft bonanza as fly poor people over doctor son beechcraft bonanza trump beef texas ping pong boat 400k doctor son beefsteak good texas cali donald trump hilary dumocrats
lexaal

Post by lexaal »

SumVeritas wrote:QUOTE (SumVeritas @ Nov 17 2016, 12:49 PM) Tend to forget there is no sarcasm on the boards
How ironic!
I have a johnson photo in my profile since 2010.
SumVeritas

Post by SumVeritas »

i'm sorry on how that ended up coming
Duckwarrior wrote:QUOTE (Duckwarrior @ Mar 8 2017, 09:38 PM) Desert eagle .50 cal from beechcraft bonanza as fly poor people over doctor son beechcraft bonanza trump beef texas ping pong boat 400k doctor son beefsteak good texas cali donald trump hilary dumocrats
lexaal

Post by lexaal »

After all the whining noman's sky is again top indie sales on steam... lolz.
I have a johnson photo in my profile since 2010.
Adept

Post by Adept »

2017 seems to be the year the wheels come off for good. 140 million, years and years, and very little to show for it.

Squadron 42 was definitely coming in 2016... now it's "probably" coming in 2017. It there was anything resembling even an Alpha build of the game, we'd be seeing footage from CIG. There isn't. They have art asserts, hours of motion capture, and a huge, rambling script. That's it. There is no game.
ImageImageImageImageImage
<bp|> Maybe when I grow up I can be a troll like PsycH
<bp|> or an obsessive compulsive paladin of law like Adept
Vortrog

Post by Vortrog »

I decided to read some stuff, probably biased (because it is from a detractor), but always within lies there is truth.

https://dereksmart.com/2016/06/star-cit ... f-failure/

This plain and simple went from a dream to a SCAM. i cannot believe rational people STILL continue to put money in. It is totally insane. it is going to make the next person who genuinely has a dream, and has scoped and costed that dream....it will make their chances of getting crowd funding almost impossible.

You are a *#$@ Chris Roberts for losing your way with greed.

Last edited by Vortrog on Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adept

Post by Adept »

I want to share a bit more, in case any of you have a lot of money riding in this game. (The Agent is supposedly an ex-employee of CIG, with working contacts still inside)

QUOTE Over to the SA forums for some news from The Agent.

post 1

no sq42 episode this year

prelude is gone

3.0 is a maybe, but looking like 2018 or very, very late 2017 with a lot of features cut

lol

post 2

expect a lot of vids and promos and demos but no actual updates to the game

get a refund now, right now

post 3

lemme fluff that up for you

all that was told to me by a current, actual CIG employee still with the company

they will be leaving at the end of the month

post 4

part of the reasons for the layoffs/mass leaving is that CIG wanted to renegotiate with people, which included having people quit and then be rehired at lower salaries with ****tier benefits

needless to say there's not a whole lot of good will there at the moment

EDIT:

post 5

all the core dreamers actually just got paid out huge bonuses in december for reupping thier contracts for another 18m

this also includes a non compete clause for 5 ******* years lol, with huge bonuses on each milestone release[/quote]
ImageImageImageImageImage
<bp|> Maybe when I grow up I can be a troll like PsycH
<bp|> or an obsessive compulsive paladin of law like Adept
SumVeritas

Post by SumVeritas »

Getting all that money so fast and so early was actually very bad for the production of the game. Firmly stablished constraints are actually a very good thing from a designer stand point
sunrodent

Post by sunrodent »

lol
Life is Funny, without it yer Dead.