Alleg 1.3 beta

User-to-user help and troubleshooting.
Aeropagitica

Post by Aeropagitica »

So I am trying to install the 1.3 beta, in the hopes that my old ass laptop will miraculously run it, if not 1.2 The installer left a 1.3 link on my desktop, but I cannot run it. Clicking on it, gives me the error: Allegiance.exe is not a valid Win32 application.
Am I doing something wrong?
Please help.
We have engaged the enemy and they are ours!-Commodore Perry - Great Lakes Campaign
BackTrak

Post by BackTrak »

Hi Aero,

Does your laptop run Allegiance 1.2?
ImageImage
Aeropagitica

Post by Aeropagitica »

Backtrak,
the executable file loads, and I can play the tutorials. It will crash if I try to join a pcore9 game. I can get into the lobby of older cores. It crashes if I try to launch from the lobby of most middling cores. I can play on the oldest cores.
We have engaged the enemy and they are ours!-Commodore Perry - Great Lakes Campaign
BackTrak

Post by BackTrak »

Is this a fresh install, or did you have an older installation already in place that you installed on top of?
ImageImage
Aeropagitica

Post by Aeropagitica »

For 1.3, a fresh install to a seperate location
finisher2

Post by finisher2 »

I think we need to crowdsource aero a new laptop. I'll commit $20 to the poor sucker who has a worse machine than me. If he promises to play :)
Aeropagitica

Post by Aeropagitica »

Thanks, Fin. Already bought one..waiting for it to arrive in Kosovo. But then, I will play.