R8 Beta - Round 3

Questions / Announcements area for beta tests of Allegiance's future updates.
everywhere116

Post by everywhere116 »

Blacksun94 wrote:QUOTE (Blacksun94 @ Aug 29 2015, 04:05 AM) Imago made the engine use random models and spin them.
I don't get your issue really.
But what kind of ship is it? I've never seen it before. It pops up a lot too.
finisher2

Post by finisher2 »

So was trying beta today. A few things:

F4 occasionally causes a CTD, no idea why, might be my machine, but there it is. No error message crops up, it's very clean, program just exits, no lengthy hang-up.

New research doesn't display, it is announced by voice but no text banner. Not sure about other messages such as enemy threats, was playing solo.

Managed to launch an eng fig after adv fig research completed. I hadn't changed ships or loadout in f4 before launch, but I thought that auto-updated, can't remember if that can happen in other alleg versions...?

Otherwise looking good. HUDs change properly, which wasn't working for me on Imago's build when I tried it almost a month ago, so that's really cool.

Otherwise looking good!
raumvogel

Post by raumvogel »

OK, I had to uninstall the Mesial High res package and now it's updating without CTD.
BackTrak

Post by BackTrak »

Thanks guys.

I just realized that without a tag, the release was only visible to myself on GitHub. I've fixed that so the correct download link is:

https://github.com/FreeAllegiance/Alleg ... up_131.zip

Fin, I'll send you a PM with a debugging .exe that you can use. It will help me narrow down the F4 issue.

Thanks,
-BT
ImageImage
raumvogel

Post by raumvogel »

Got t. :cool: