MS Source Art Released!

A place to discuss user-created Allegiance 3D models, textures, images, and other visual ingame content.
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

Adaven wrote:QUOTE (Adaven @ Dec 30 2014, 03:07 AM) I'm not sure if there are multiple versions offhand, but can you post both the images and the .mdls you are trying to use as reference?
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/it67k8d3wbq4 ... xVfya?dl=0
I'm missing animiteam and anim sector, could not find them anywhere.
Ive tried giving them a pass with the MDLC imago gave me but still no luck.
QUOTE ^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed[/quote]
Adaven

Post by Adaven »

Thanks, I'll take a closer look at those particular files later. If you pulled those from archive 30, I'm assuming you are just going through the archives looking for common image formats: bmp, png, etc?

There's a lot of content in the Softimage project directories. Softimage exports a lot of images in a *.pic format that isn't very common, but XnView can open them and convert to whatever you want. Archive 05\Hangar-\Hangar_Panel is the directories for the Hangar. The goodies are usually in \PICTURES and \RENDER_PICTURES.
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

Adaven wrote:QUOTE (Adaven @ Dec 31 2014, 02:43 AM) Thanks, I'll take a closer look at those particular files later. If you pulled those from archive 30, I'm assuming you are just going through the archives looking for common image formats: bmp, png, etc?

There's a lot of content in the Softimage project directories. Softimage exports a lot of images in a *.pic format that isn't very common, but XnView can open them and convert to whatever you want. Archive 05\Hangar-\Hangar_Panel is the directories for the Hangar. The goodies are usually in \PICTURES and \RENDER_PICTURES.
Ever since I saw you posting the hangar from the art source, i wanted to remake a GUI around that. i have the intro screen finished and part of the reskinning in general is done, the hangar is the biggest roadblock.
QUOTE ^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed[/quote]
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

Blacksun94 wrote:QUOTE (Blacksun94 @ Dec 31 2014, 12:27 PM) Ever since I saw you posting the hangar from the art source, i wanted to remake a GUI around that. i have the intro screen finished and part of the reskinning in general is done, the hangar is the biggest roadblock.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g1qaagnfno5l7 ... i.zip?dl=0
I ripped out the missing animations and made bmp.mdl
They do render but in the wrong places, this may be wrong mdl variables, or the images are just simply not upscaled correctly.
I went trough Ksero's MDL language doc and found the X and Y var, but i have no idea, of what i should input, in the control position values found in hangar.mdl
The program you linked worked perfectly. ;)
Last edited by MagisterXF94 on Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

I'm still stuck on these darn things. Did you manage to figure it out Adaven?