Welcome to the Allegiance Marketing Team!

Allegiance discussion not belonging in another forum.
Dome

Post by Dome »

Tyng wrote:QUOTE (Tyng @ Jan 28 2015, 09:19 AM) This may be a long shot...but I'm just throwing out ideas freely in hopes of bringing this game back up to its glory days (or an influx of noobs and trolls..)

If we still have access to one of the old Allegiance packages that came with a cd, we could send a copy to a few different "Let's Play" type of people. I understand that tons of people already send many games to the more famous people such as Game Grumps, PewdiePie, Tobuscus, etc, but maybe this can be like our lottery ticket.

I just watched a game theory which proved how Flappy Bird became so popular. The same day PewdiePie uploaded his video of him playing the game, the downloads for Flappy Bird sky rocketed. I looked for myself and it's true.

There are let's players out there that are nowhere near as popular as these big names are, but if we can find the right one that gets a favorable amount of views and has interest in games similar to Allegiance, then maybe we can get a community of fans to give Allegiance a try. We would definately need to point out that weekends are usually the peek play times.

Remember, the current marketing ideas should still be used. I'm posting banners in my cubicle at the office, and a few people are curious about it. One is my boss, who has many many connections. Fingers crossed!

EDIT: removed comment about steam train. Too many noobs all at once will be difficult...
This is great stuff. Thanks for supporting Allegiance Tyng!

I wonder if we could track down an original Allegiance box and send it to someone like PewdiePie as you've mentioned. That seems like a great idea. I will research this further and I welcome any more ideas you have for that or anything else.
Dome

Post by Dome »

TheMHael wrote:QUOTE (TheMHael @ Jan 28 2015, 10:55 PM) I believe we should encourage new players to get involved in the forums immediately so they can connect with the community right off the bat. Then we as a community can help them feel welcome, and get them informed of primetimes, etc etc and any other questions they need.

idk just a thought
Yes I agree. Getting new people on the forums is very useful in getting them going. I've long been an advocate for that. We should include additional points to the forum in the installer perhaps. Also on the homepage itself. I will continue dialogue with pkk about that.
aem

Post by aem »

Not sure why you would want to send the orginal box to anyome. Nothing useful in there.
Psychosis

Post by Psychosis »

you know, I don't think we want to get lumped in with the "Free to play" crowd now-a-days, might want to consider brand adjustment.
Archangelus

Post by Archangelus »

Psychosis wrote:QUOTE (Psychosis @ Jan 31 2015, 04:13 AM) you know, I don't think we want to get lumped in with the "Free to play" crowd now-a-days, might want to consider brand adjustment.
Actually this is our biggest triunf. As we are 100% free.

But you do have a point, that a very big influx of players would do more harm than good.
pkk wrote:QUOTE (pkk @ Jul 18 2014, 06:08 AM) Seems like some people forget, that they're guest here and their status can be removed any time.
ChaoticStorm

Post by ChaoticStorm »

Archangelus wrote:QUOTE (Archangelus @ Jan 31 2015, 03:30 PM) Actually this is our biggest triunf. As we are 100% free.

But you do have a point, that a very big influx of players would do more harm than good.
Its more the "free to play" crowd mostly consists of pay-to-win games, seedy business practices and a few open source projects doomed to fail with a few diamonds among the trash.
Ofc you get many games that buck the trend but those tend to get spread though other methods than purely advertising FTP-ness.
Last edited by ChaoticStorm on Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Psychosis

Post by Psychosis »

ChaoticStorm wrote:QUOTE (ChaoticStorm @ Jan 31 2015, 11:55 AM) Its more the "free to play" crowd mostly consists of pay-to-win games, seedy business practices and a few open source projects doomed to fail with a few diamonds among the trash.
Ofc you get many games that buck the trend but those tend to get spread though other methods than purely advertising FTP-ness.
exactly, we have dealt with large influxes of players before, but we really really really do not want to be mistaken for a Free to Pay game.
Deathrender

Post by Deathrender »

I would say that when the topic of "oh, what kind of free game is this?" comes up. Don't just list as free to play. Say that it's 100% free to play and involves no micro-transactions.
phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Jul 22 2017, 05:58 PM) Mini ac gunner mount was removed because somewhere along the lines we had a core dev that said, "I really hate Terran and want him to be miserable." And all core devs ever since have agreed.
Raveen

Post by Raveen »

Or call it Open Source which is more or less accurate and implies free without the Free to Play connotations.

The big desktop image was by Loriana, she did me a green IC one that I'll post if I can find it. You might be able to track her down for more, if you're lucky.
ImageImage
Spidey: Can't think of a reason I'd need to know anything