Miner/Conn ai changes

Questions / Announcements area for beta tests of Allegiance's future updates.
Shizoku

Post by Shizoku »

I'm writing an article for cadet on how miners and conns function. My understanding of it may be a bit different than how it actually is right now. Can someone summerize the changes that have been to miner/conn ai?

Thanks!
ThePhantom032

Post by ThePhantom032 »

Miners and cons are stupid and need constant supervision.

But you knew that already. :P

IIRC there were changes to behavior so they wont go mining in sectors with both your and enemy bases (though they still go there to offload/dock), and some stuff about returning to unfinished rocks, but I really dont know the details.
For me the changes weren't important because they need constant supervision anyway.
Still ready to teach anyone who asks nicely whatever they want to know about playing alleg. Contrary to popular opinion I do not eat newbies. Voobs taste much better.
Archangelus

Post by Archangelus »

Miners wont launch into sectors with enemies in it, you also can now make miners stay docked.
pkk wrote:QUOTE (pkk @ Jul 18 2014, 06:08 AM) Seems like some people forget, that they're guest here and their status can be removed any time.
ThePhantom032

Post by ThePhantom032 »

Archangelus wrote:QUOTE (Archangelus @ Sep 26 2014, 05:10 AM) Miners wont launch into sectors with enemies in it, you also can now make miners stay docked.
Except they do when you also have people in the sector, sometimes. Not always only when you have more people then the enemy either...

As I said, watch them like the stupid lemmings they are or they will walk off to their doom. You have to tell them to stay docked if needed, or they wont even do that right.

Best part about that docking button? no message if ANYONE presses it. Or the undock version. I've had people trying to sabotage my game by undocking miners i had docked for safety while returning the backsector mining ones to base and i could not figure out who was doing it. Best to teach people to stay the $#@! away from that button if they arent commanding, its annoying as hell if used by someone else when you are commanding.
Still ready to teach anyone who asks nicely whatever they want to know about playing alleg. Contrary to popular opinion I do not eat newbies. Voobs taste much better.
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

Phantom032 wrote:QUOTE (Phantom032 @ Sep 26 2014, 05:29 AM) Except they do when you also have people in the sector, sometimes. Not always only when you have more people then the enemy either...

As I said, watch them like the stupid lemmings they are or they will walk off to their doom. You have to tell them to stay docked if needed, or they wont even do that right.

Best part about that docking button? no message if ANYONE presses it. Or the undock version. I've had people trying to sabotage my game by undocking miners i had docked for safety while returning the backsector mining ones to base and i could not figure out who was doing it. Best to teach people to stay the $#@! away from that button if they arent commanding, its annoying as hell if used by someone else when you are commanding.
How hard would it be to implement a text warning when someone other than the commander presses the "dock" button?
QUOTE ^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed[/quote]
Imago

Post by Imago »

the miner changes are good :thumbsup:

These bugs haven't been fixed yet because don't have any developers interested in fixing them up. --Tigereye
Imago's stupid-sensor is supersensitive. --RealPandemonium
The art is managing the flow of the drama to achieve the desired results. --Big_Beta_Tester
joeld wrote:But we’ve been amazed at the level to which some of the Allegiance fans have remained hard-core.