No-HUD

Discussion area for user-created Allegiance models, textures, voicechats, music, and other ingame content.
TheAlaskan

Post by TheAlaskan »

Does anyone know how to set up a HUD that doesn't display anything?

I.e. I'd like to fraps some footage from cockpit view so that it doesn't look like i'm an active player - just clean footage of other people playing w/o my ship's gauges. Of course, I can hide the inventory, minimap, etc. myself.

Thanks.
Evan

Post by Evan »

Try nuking the HUD MDL files from your artwork folder?
"I remember Evan more for his almost-british levels of abuse" - Agricola
TheAlaskan

Post by TheAlaskan »

Not yet... I'm hoping to avoid holocaustistic moves.
TurkeyXIII

Post by TurkeyXIII »

dialog.mdl has a bunch of things at the bottom of the file specifying what to show and where. The first 90% or so of file sets up those things, but you can stop them from displaying by commenting out the relevant lines from that big 'dialogs = []' list at the bottom. mdl comments are the same as C comments; ie //for a single line and /*for everything in between.*/

It requires dialogs to be defined, so you need to keep the 'dialogs = []' bit, but I think you could get rid of everything in the brackets if you wanted to.
Last edited by TurkeyXIII on Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
QUOTE (Randall Munroe)14.2: Turkey consumption rate of the average American in milligrams per minute[/quote]
TheAlaskan

Post by TheAlaskan »

Perfect, Turk. I got NO-HUD set up.

Anyone can download it here.
TheAlaskan

Post by TheAlaskan »

Turk - Couple of outstanding issues you might be able to help out with...

While I can edit dialog.mdl to completely remove the minimap, I can't edit it to toggle minimap on/off screen while in cockpit. I'd still like to be able to use the minimap to get around the map to follow the action as needed and toggle it off as I'm set to record.

I still have a single grey pixel in the exact middle of my screen that I can't remove. Not as important but would be nice not to have in the shots.

I can't figure out how to remove my direction-indicator. I think that the image for the direction indicator may be a different file altogether in the artwork folder that I need to replace with something transparent.

Any thoughts?
TurkeyXIII

Post by TurkeyXIII »

For the minimap, leave the SectorImage line(s) uncommented in the dialogs.

The direction indicator and thing in the middle of the screen seem to be referenced directly from the code, rather than via mdls. Try replacing directionbmp.mdl and directioninbmp.mdl with completely black bitmaps.
Last edited by TurkeyXIII on Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QUOTE (Randall Munroe)14.2: Turkey consumption rate of the average American in milligrams per minute[/quote]
TheAlaskan

Post by TheAlaskan »

Alrighty - I've got everything set up it seems. Still working on the direction/in/outbmp.mdl files, but I've learned the beautiful language of dialog.mdl.
TheAlaskan

Post by TheAlaskan »

I believe directioninbmp.mdl and directionoutbmp.mdl are actually for debris.
TheDream

Post by TheDream »

:/

File deleted..
Counter-Strike 1.6 mapper, moviemaker, kreedz player since 2008.