Please Boot Me!

Allegiance discussion not belonging in another forum.
jgbaxter

Post by jgbaxter »

I miss this game, and my shiny steel-toed ACS boot. :D

/disappears in a cloud a sulfer
n.b. I may not see a forum post replied to me or a pm sent to me for weeks and weeks...
raumvogel

Post by raumvogel »

You will have this unless it's a matched game like Dome has organized. We have a lot of new commanders that will end up in this position. They will learn the game in time and it was only 4 mins. until you could play again.
Take a pee, grab a beer and shrug it off.
Win98SE

Post by Win98SE »

raumvogel wrote:QUOTE (raumvogel @ Sep 2 2014, 09:13 AM) You will have this unless it's a matched game like Dome has organized. We have a lot of new commanders that will end up in this position. They will learn the game in time and it was only 4 mins. until you could play again.
Take a pee, grab a beer and shrug it off.
+1

Fail happens, it can happen even it squadgames (LOL 1 U rock on the map, ect). We don't always have great comanders or great players every pug, so sometimes it's best not to take it too seriously and just have fun imo. Like if you see me commanding, that means no good or average commanders were available and its fail time. Part of the fun in this game is seeing and loling at the fail that happens, from getting screwed on rocks to all the con d chasing babel to the edge of space.

Just wait for the next game.
Also, I think like everyone has been booted, it happens. Back in the day, commanders would rageboot an entire team. It happened (against the rules maybe). All I can say about that is: LOLUMADCOMM?

We should have a failgame story thread sometime. My commanding career should be good for about half a page.
QUOTE Failcomm[/quote]
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Relevant link is relevant

Seriously though boots happen and the best way to deal with it is Vortog's advice (which is pretty good advice for just about any situation in Alleg or anywhere else in life):

"Log off and go play with a dog."
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
cashto

Post by cashto »

fishbone wrote:QUOTE (fishbone @ Sep 1 2014, 06:46 PM) there was no way out and I would never request resign as I feel that is the commander's decision.
#resign (and #mutiny) exist for a reason. There was a way out; you just chose not to use it due to some bizarro code of honor wherein the commander's happiness is the only happiness that matters.

Wandering around blindly looking for miners that are obviously not even needed anymore (and you wouldn't be allowed to kill even if by some miracle you managed to stumble on one) is a form of incompetence that is otherwise indistinguishable from outright sedition, so it's not surprising you got booted.
Globemaster_III wrote:QUOTE (Globemaster_III @ Jan 11 2018, 11:27 PM) as you know i think very little of cashto, cashto alway a flying low pilot, he alway flying a trainer airplane and he rented
carbon

Post by carbon »

:lol: I love a good boot rant; mini 3 hvy ints vs lt ints, time to put the kettle on!
Archangelus

Post by Archangelus »

First time I´ve seen p1 posting something usefull.

Fish, all would´ve been better if you just sucked up. What you did was beyond idiotic (does this even exist?). Ranting about it just painted a big target over ur ass.
pkk wrote:QUOTE (pkk @ Jul 18 2014, 06:08 AM) Seems like some people forget, that they're guest here and their status can be removed any time.
TheAlaskan

Post by TheAlaskan »

cashto wrote:QUOTE (cashto @ Sep 2 2014, 01:45 PM) #resign (and #mutiny) exist for a reason. There was a way out; you just chose not to use it due to some bizarro code of honor wherein the commander's happiness is the only happiness that matters.

Wandering around blindly looking for miners that are obviously not even needed anymore (and you wouldn't be allowed to kill even if by some miracle you managed to stumble on one) is a form of incompetence that is otherwise indistinguishable from outright sedition, so it's not surprising you got booted.
+1

You're a nice guy all around fish - but make sure you have an open line of communication with your comm so it doesnt turn into a situation like this.
beeman

Post by beeman »

Roger. I retract my statement. I see my folly and I DID start this as a rant which was unprofessional. I apologize to ProblemZ...you are a much better commander than I will be.
However, I WILL keep my code of conduct...if I get booted, I did something wrong and will not rejoin...That is the best way in my opinion to learn I did something wrong. I also will not resign or mutiny since
as has been stated, there are new commanders who are learning...I don't think it is helpful to resign or mutiny.

I apologize for being an A$$hat and will try to learn from my mistakes rather than to let them get to me. This is a good community with good folks...and I don't want to be the
dip$hit of the group. Most on here have gone out of their way to make me feel welcomed and I don't want to disappoint them.

My bad...sorry to all.

Fishbone
"What if, star sailor, I were to come over your house and punch you in the $#@!ing face?!
Will that finally get you to shut the hell up?!?" -- neotoxin
Problemz

Post by Problemz »

fishbone wrote:QUOTE (fishbone @ Sep 2 2014, 08:20 PM) I apologize to ProblemZ...
No need, @#(! happens.
fishbone wrote:QUOTE (fishbone @ Sep 2 2014, 08:20 PM) you are a much better commander than I will be.
:rofl: Hahaha, I doubt that
Last edited by Problemz on Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Sep 16 2014, 09:45 AM) Yeah this Drizzo kid always making me carry his sorry ass in League and then complaining when I show only marginal competence in Allegiance.