Please help a simmer set up his joystick

Open forum for new Pilots.
kongxinga

Post by kongxinga »

Hi I am a flight simmer looking to experience Allegiance with a stick, but I am unable to get the mapping controls to work.

In game my joystick sorta works, but I can't roll at all.

I know mouse aim is better, but I like to fly with a stick.

The guys in game sent me here since they all flew with mouse.

How and where can i learn about setting up my stick/ I fly with a thrustmaster hotas x if that helps. Thanks.
raumvogel

Post by raumvogel »

You want to re-map the "Z" axis (I think, I'm not at my computer right now).

Here's the Wiki on how to re-map.
kongxinga

Post by kongxinga »

raumvogel wrote:QUOTE (raumvogel @ Jul 17 2013, 09:26 PM) You want to re-map the "Z" axis (I think, I'm not at my computer right now).

Here's the Wiki on how to re-map.

Thank you for your reply. My problem is that if I wish to set up say roll right, press enter, then move my stick right, and nothing happens. Try as I might, I can't get the program to recognise my axises, including my rudders (is there rudders in space?).
raumvogel

Post by raumvogel »

Did you check the stick's function in Windows Control panel? I'm off to work, so I'll reply to you're post tomorrow.
kongxinga

Post by kongxinga »

raumvogel wrote:QUOTE (raumvogel @ Jul 17 2013, 10:05 PM) Did you check the stick's function in Windows Control panel? I'm off to work, so I'll reply to you're post tomorrow.

Yes, I did. It works in windows, and I use it for WW2 Online, Warthunder, Il-2 and DCS Warthhog. Must be some trick to getting the allegiance client to recognise my axis.
raumvogel

Post by raumvogel »

There seems to be some limitation with that stick. Keep trying we''ll figure out a fix. (you may have to use a few more keyboard buttons.)