Allegiance Cooking School (ACS)?

Non-Allegiance related. High probability of spam. Pruned regularly.
refill

Post by refill »

ricotta and spinach dumplings with butter

The wench is cooking this for us tonight with a side order of bean (including string bean) salad that I made yesterday. I really like this guys videos since he sorted out his video production problems and he tends to keep them short and sweet.

Bon appetite comrades.
lukass

Post by lukass »

nice one
Hi I am Vanca2... kiss my aaasteroid!
Shizoku

Post by Shizoku »

This needs to be resurrected, I'll add two that I've done recently.

-couple bone in, skin on chicken breasts
-2 lemons, chopped in slices
-a few spriggs of rosemary
-olive oil

Get a roasting pan and place the chopped lemons as a base, place the rosemary on top. Rub the chicken down with course salt and pepper and place on top of the lemons. Drizzle a nice extra virgin olive oil over the chicken and roast at 450 till chicken is done and skin is crispy. Spoon juices over top for extra flavor.

Really simple, yet amazing flavor.

The other I did just last night. Basically it was just a alfredo linguini, but I mixed in prawns, scallops and bacon. Garnish with lemon and $#@! a duck it is gooooooood.
raumvogel

Post by raumvogel »

That's the way I like to cook. Simple with accent on FLAVOR.
Papsmear

Post by Papsmear »

Emeril Lagassi's chicken & sausage gumbo
One of my favorites that I grabbed off of the foodnetwork.com

I usually throw in extra hot sauce when cooking because I like it spicy

---------------------------------

Ingredients

1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 pound smoked sausage, such as andouille or kielbasa, cut crosswise 1/2-inch thick pieces
4 pounds chicken thighs, skin removed
1 tablespoon Essence or Creole seasoning, recipe follows
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups chopped onions
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped bell peppers
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
3 bay leaves
9 cups chicken stock or canned low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup chopped green onions
2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
1 tablespoon file powder
White Rice, recipe follows
Hot sauce

Directions

In a large enameled cast iron Dutch oven or large pot, heat 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook until well browned, about 8 minutes. Remove the sausage with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Set aside.

Season the chicken with the Essence and add in batches to the fat remaining in the pan. Cook over medium-high heat until well browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan, let cool, and then refrigerate until ready to use.

Combine the remaining 1/2 cup oil and the flour in the same Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook, stirring slowly and constantly for 20 to 25 minutes, to make a dark brown roux, the color of chocolate.

Add the onions, celery, and bell peppers and cook, stirring, until wilted, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the reserved sausage, salt, cayenne, and bay leaves, stir, and cook for 2 minutes. Stirring, slowly add the chicken stock, and cook, stirring, until well combined. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, uncovered and stirring occasionally, for 1 hour.

Add the reserved chicken to the pot and simmer for 1 1/2 hours, skimming off any fat that rises to the surface.

Remove the pot from the heat. Using a slotted spoon, remove the chicken thighs from the gumbo and place on a cutting board to cool slightly. Remove and discard the bay leaves. Pull the chicken meat from the bones and shred, discarding the bones and skin. Return the meat to the gumbo and stir in the green onions, parsley, and file powder.

Spoon rice into the bottom of deep bowls or large cups and ladle the gumbo on top. Serve, passing hot sauce on the side.

Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):

2 1/2 tablespoons paprika

2 tablespoons salt

2 tablespoons garlic powder

1 tablespoon black pepper

1 tablespoon onion powder

1 tablespoon cayenne pepper

1 tablespoon dried oregano

1 tablespoon dried thyme

Combine all ingredients thoroughly.

Yield: 2/3 cup

Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch Published by William and Morrow, 1993.

White Rice:

2 cups long-grain white rice

4 cups water, chicken stock, or canned low-sodium chicken broth

1 tablespoon unsalted butter

1 1/2 teaspoons salt

1 bay leaf

In a 2-quart saucepan, combine the rice, water, butter, salt, and bay leaf and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer until all the liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and let sit, covered and undisturbed, for 5 minutes.

Uncover and fluff the rice with a fork. Discard the bay leaf and serve.

Yield: 7 cups

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 20 minutes

Inactive Prep Time: 5 minutes
- See more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-...h.L6CGOrzF.dpuf

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-...tml?oc=linkback
ImageImage
raumvogel

Post by raumvogel »

So now that we have recipes off our chest is there any core that allows the game to continue to run with out someone in the command seat?