Artwork for recent build

A place to discuss user-created Allegiance 3D models, textures, images, and other visual ingame content.
Varch

Post by Varch »

I have checked out the source code of the port to VisualStudio 2012 and have successfully compiled the system. However, when I try to run it, I get this error dialog message.

---------------------------
Allegiance: Fatal modeler error
Could not open the artwork file C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Games/Allegiance 1.2/Production/Artwork/acstopbmp.mdl
OK

I can see the acstopbmp.mdl file in the Artwork folder, which is a top level sub-directory in the port's source code, along with a numer of other asset files.

Should I copy all of those files into C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Games/Allegiance 1.2/Production/Artwork/ or is there some other magic spell that will bring my art assets up to date and put them in the correct locations?

TIA!

Varch
TurkeyXIII

Post by TurkeyXIII »

That's pretty-much it. No magic spells until the beta goes onto autoupdate.

1 thing though: You probably don't want to use .../Production/ because that's where the stuff for the current release goes, and there are a couple of new files aren't compatible with the released version. I'm not quite sure where it's getting the artpath from (I had to mess with it on my machine, but my machine's a bit messed up). Have a look in .../main/src/regkey.h to see where it's looking for the registry keys, then find it in regedit or something to see where it's looking for the artwork.

(If you're using 64 bit Windows, the registry keys will be in ...\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\...etc instead.)
QUOTE (Randall Munroe)14.2: Turkey consumption rate of the average American in milligrams per minute[/quote]
Varch

Post by Varch »

TurkeyXIII wrote:QUOTE (TurkeyXIII @ Jul 1 2013, 09:49 PM) That's pretty-much it. No magic spells until the beta goes onto autoupdate.

1 thing though: You probably don't want to use .../Production/ because that's where the stuff for the current release goes, and there are a couple of new files aren't compatible with the released version. I'm not quite sure where it's getting the artpath from (I had to mess with it on my machine, but my machine's a bit messed up). Have a look in .../main/src/regkey.h to see where it's looking for the registry keys, then find it in regedit or something to see where it's looking for the artwork.

(If you're using 64 bit Windows, the registry keys will be in ...\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\...etc instead.)
Excellent advice! Thanks! However, for now, I decided to save of copies of the original assets and to drop the new files in Production. Seems to be working, so far.

Varch