Weedcore TF

A place to post suggestions for new features, new bugs, and comments about the existing code.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Something on Weedcore TF is causing many people to CTD. I heard it's a sound bug or something that was present in DN but got hotfixed somehow in CC. I'm hoping one of you code monkeys has the scoop
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
pkk

Post by pkk »

If people replace their working sounddef.mdl with a broken one (custom quickchat packs), it's their own fault... The installer contains that fixed version for years now.

http://www.freeallegiance.org/forums/index...showtopic=63319
The Escapist (Justin Emerson) @ Dec 21 2010, 02:33 PM:
The history of open-source Allegiance is paved with the bodies of dead code branches, forum flame wars, and personal vendettas. But a community remains because people still love the game.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

I used the straight dl only thing I have modified is my reticle.
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

pkk wrote:QUOTE (pkk @ Apr 28 2013, 02:44 PM) If people replace their working sounddef.mdl with a broken one (custom quickchat packs), it's their own fault... The installer contains that fixed version for years now.
Another of the infinite examples of you taking every bug report as a reflection on you personally, and denying the possibility.
You have some serious emotional issues.
Seek help.
There's a new sheriff in town.
pkk

Post by pkk »

phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Apr 29 2013, 04:09 AM) I used the straight dl only thing I have modified is my reticle.
That just came into my mind while reading your first post. It sounded like you didn't CTD, only others.

Normally Alleg crashed when you or someone else next to you was firing a PE weapon.
The Escapist (Justin Emerson) @ Dec 21 2010, 02:33 PM:
The history of open-source Allegiance is paved with the bodies of dead code branches, forum flame wars, and personal vendettas. But a community remains because people still love the game.
ThePhantom032

Post by ThePhantom032 »

In this case ONLY (or at least to ~95%) the TF people crashed. On one con push we actually lost half the team (5 out of 10 people). Not a single enemy crashed. Has to be something else from what I saw.
Still ready to teach anyone who asks nicely whatever they want to know about playing alleg. Contrary to popular opinion I do not eat newbies. Voobs taste much better.