COMMAND SCHOOL

Allegiance discussion not belonging in another forum.
ChaoticStorm

Post by ChaoticStorm »

pkk wrote:QUOTE (pkk @ Apr 4 2013, 10:26 AM) Why should I? There is a reason why there was a ZL system and why there is a Senate, so I (nor TE) don't have to deal with such @#(!.
So wait, all metz has to do is post a well structured argument in the senate fourms and ask for a vote and stuff will get done?(Namely cashto's removal.)... Didn't we all know this already? If im going to be honest the community seems to have totally forgot what the senate was reinstated to do. (QQ here, get majority to QQ too and you get what yo want (supposedly))
Archer14

Post by Archer14 »

Ahh, I remember when I went through the ACS program lead by spidey and a few others. It started off with like 10 people, and at the end of the program, only me and Phailanxe(btw, where the hell did he go?) were left and we mainly ended up commanding against each other. Ahh, fun times. Moral of the story is, no matter who is leading the ACS program, people are gonna drop out because they arent good at being charismatic and leading other people around. Going up against spidey, nuke, and other people of their commanding skills helped a lot too.
ryjamsan wrote:QUOTE (ryjamsan @ Mar 1 2011, 07:07 PM) Spidey let it go, I have reformed MW and taken him under my wing:)
phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Nov 16 2014, 05:12 PM) I'll make sure to never make you a commander again :P
raumvogel

Post by raumvogel »

This is a great idea. Lack of commanders is hurting this game. As helpful as it is having someone on your team guiding you, may newbs just don't want to hear suggestions from someone.They take it as criticism and they probably think "if he's so good, why doesn't HE command". Put a link to it where it's easy to find.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

pkk wrote:QUOTE (pkk @ Apr 4 2013, 02:26 AM) Why should I? There is a reason why there was a ZL system and why there is a Senate, so I (nor TE) don't have to deal with such @#(!.
Because it was YOUR decision to to let Cashto retain control of ACS when you got control of everything, when Dome was ready and willing to take it over (and would have collaborated with me, instead of me being stonewalled by Cashto)
It was your YOUR decision to appoint y and z to the senate without a vote, YOUR decision to prevent me from being voted on (when I would have been elected otherwise)

You pick and choose the "such @#(!" that you want to deal with, and then let the rest of everything take whatever course it ends up with, for better or worse (usually worse).

This game flourished (as much as can be expected of Abandonware) under Pook because we had a proactive administration. You. are. not. that. Neither is this Senate that you essentially hand-picked.

You sent out the mass email before the default keymap was even fixed, and all you managed to do is piss some people off by spamming their inboxes.
You hand-picked a senate that hasn't done anything tangible since it was created.
You let Cashto keep control of ACS when there were clearly better alternatives.
You dropped ban threats in the NI and Sysx forums.
and you deleted/renamed/restructured some of the subforums a bit.

That is everything you've done since you got control of everything, and the game is even more dead now than it was before you had your hand in it.
You're a bigger disappointment than Obama.

HOPE AND CHANGE
Last edited by Mastametz on Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's a new sheriff in town.
SumVeritas

Post by SumVeritas »

:lol: ¿?
Duckwarrior wrote:QUOTE (Duckwarrior @ Mar 8 2017, 09:38 PM) Desert eagle .50 cal from beechcraft bonanza as fly poor people over doctor son beechcraft bonanza trump beef texas ping pong boat 400k doctor son beefsteak good texas cali donald trump hilary dumocrats
cashto

Post by cashto »

:popcorn:
Globemaster_III wrote:QUOTE (Globemaster_III @ Jan 11 2018, 11:27 PM) as you know i think very little of cashto, cashto alway a flying low pilot, he alway flying a trainer airplane and he rented
Clay_Pigeon

Post by Clay_Pigeon »

The Myths of ACS:

Myth #1: You need a good commander to run it.

You actually need an expert organizer: someone who can lay out objectives, delegate responsibility, follow up, and integrate what everyone produces. You need someone who can do all of the housekeeping that a program requires.

I was not a good commander when I started running ACS, and really haven't gotten any better in the interim. Fortunately, I've never claimed to be a good commander, so when someone says "You suck Clay," my response is "You're just now figuring this out?"

Myth #2: ACS needs to be run like @Cadet, with sessions and classes on a schedule.

It doesn't work. I don't think it has ever worked. Mentors don't show up. Students don't commend their games. Real life is just too unpredictable.

Myth #3: ACS material should be private

This is true if you run ACS like Cadet, but see above.
"Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." -2 Cor 12:9
"Never know how long I've waited, anticipated your smile pressed against mine." -Running
ryujin

Post by ryujin »

Clay posted in this thread. I feel like it was worth creating!
*#$@faced $#@!tard Troll
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Honestly I think an ACS should really just point out the super basics of commanding: mining is the most important thing. Then explain a bit about how expanding works and why and where you would place cons in sectors, why and where you would bomb, why you would go certain factions on certain settings or maps (not all of them just a smattering), and why you would go certain techpaths. Each of these sections should be short and sweet, maybe two or three paragraphs at most.

"Blender is a good map for IC because IC's tough bases and cheap ints make them ideal for close-quarters fighting. Giga survives well on wide-open maps where they can spam bases. Dreg does well on maps with a small number of chokes that are far away from either start location because of their ship speed and ability to research ENH Cons to start. Picking factions to fit their map is one of the most important aspects of commanding and it's as simple as looking at the map and coming up with reasons why it's a good map for you."

"Gigacorps is weak to supremacy because of their light bases which can be easily killed by disrupter fire while IC's fighter's hitboxes often make flying IC sup painful. Similarly, TF Tac is a bit underpowered in the miner killing department until very late thanks to their lack of missiles or combat drones. Every faction's techpath has its strengths and weaknesses that should be thoroughly analyzed before making a tech choice (though also the rocks matter!) Dreg Tac, for example, has very powerful missiles but with its sig and sensor nerf it can be hard to sneak around and hard to probe against bomb runs, especially against a faction like Bios who doesn't need their miners as much or TF who have better sensors than normal. Even the map matters: on Sapphire teams that go Expansion are at a disadvantage because of how big the map is: carriers and teleports expand much more quickly than outposts do, and the ability to rip around the map is a huge advantage."

Little things like that which don't tell players WHAT to think because that's the $#@!ing worst. what happens when OH comes out and you have 30 commanders that have learned "IC Exp, Giga Sup, Rix Exp, TF Exp, GT Exp, Belters Sup, Dreg Tac, Bios Sup" by rote? Or when the cores have a difference that changes the viability of a techpath? Teach them HOW to think, what kinds of things they should be looking for and at. Teach them things like how miner AI and miner chains work and then encourage them to use that information to figure out where their *enemy* is mining. Give them enough information that they can find a pattern, but not enough information so they feel they can simply command by flowchart.
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
MrChaos

Post by MrChaos »

MrChaos wrote:QUOTE (MrChaos @ Apr 3 2013, 11:04 PM) .
Ssssh