Dreg seems to suck now

Development area for FreeAllegiance's Community Core.
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Mar 16 2013, 04:23 PM) HERPHERPHERP
Fine, fine.. I'm getting screwed up since the costs are now reset to 100% for CC17. It's still 10 loads tops :)

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.

zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Just please revert them to 1.25cost, 1.35 yield, and HeMines that aren't lt bases. You could honestly keep them at 900 and it woudln't make a difference. They have @#(!ty ships 'cuz they're blind as $#@!.
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

Spunkmeyer wrote:QUOTE (Spunkmeyer @ Mar 16 2013, 03:58 PM) Exp has no way of killing these if they are not light, especially in exp vs exp where int bombing doesn't really work.
Well there is that, so int bomb them. It works good enough, not like you need many abs as it is. And with the changes to bbrs, ms1/2/3, nan2/3, it certainly is much more viable. Int bombing has been working pretty good since those changes.
Spunkmeyer wrote:QUOTE (Spunkmeyer @ Mar 16 2013, 03:58 PM) What do you see in small games (and also define small) single turreted cruisers or multiple no-turret cruisers?
For small game in this case I'm refering to less than 8v8 in most cases. I've seen both full upgraded (cruisers sc3 ls2) with full turrets deal death out fairly easily- still vulnerable of course to camps... however I'd rather see two cruisers with only partial turrets than one fully turreted cruiser. The nan 2/3 help is more effective though I've not seen much in the use of nans. I've also flown around solo in a cruiser while the main capship team is on mission, and the solo cruiser kills things effectively enough though usually dies before it can escape.

What I think is a good option is to have sy flag enable access to old style drydock with it's battleships and the like... also I'd simply allow Dreg/Giga He3/Spec mines on without sy, however they'd likely need a nerfed income and/or be easier to kill... having said that 2-3 enh fighters with dis 2 or 1-2 adv fighters with galv in a small game are fairly effective against them (with competent teams). For me having sy as a viable standalone tech path was a good way for XC to go (and I hope WC goes that way too), it'll need work but considering how many games start at around 5v5 and then get to 10v10 or more it seems viable.
---
phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Feb 15 2013, 01:52 PM) In a lot of ways, Allegiance is like the Radio: it's all `am and `fm.
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Mar 16 2013, 07:09 PM) Just please revert them to 1.25cost, 1.35 yield, and HeMines that aren't lt bases. You could honestly keep them at 900 and it woudln't make a difference. They have @#(!ty ships 'cuz they're blind as $#@!.

+1

Spunky, I understand trying to make factions simpler to command, but frankly it feels wrong (and I know that's only because I learnt how to command them at the 'old' values), but it is part of what makes a faction unique. I expect Dreg to cost more, I expect a large return when the miner off-loads, and I expect to suffer horribly when all that money goes away when a miner dies... frankly the fact that Dreg miners (which are pretty decent) hurt so much financially is usually the reason I typically have Dreg enh miners earlier than most other factions.
---
phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Feb 15 2013, 01:52 PM) In a lot of ways, Allegiance is like the Radio: it's all `am and `fm.