Proposals

Discussion / Announcement area for WeedCore development.
Weedman

Post by Weedman »

I have already heard many complaints about Belters not being uber- anymore.
I want to know, how many of you have played on my core with Belters? Probably not very many.

Anyway, mulling it over, I will re-enact the bs flag on belters in that they keep tech and enhanced ships if losing tech base

I am thinking about moving ship shield to SUpremacy. gonna do it, but, SUP will have to give up something, and that is missile damage
I don't think people understand that ranged minigun sucks versus small shield, especially small 3 with shield upgrades, notice i said ranged, if you land all of your bullets it's different, but I am sure this will be noticeable in game
minigun does HALF damage versus light/medium shields, it does 75% versus medium hull, and only on light hulls, does it do the 100% stated damage

Brood has a point I think too, with SUP and hull GA. Minigun outright eats up light hulls, and that is what fighters and scouts use. it doesn't matter whether it is 100% hull, 110% hull, or 120% hull, the fighter or scout in question will get $#@!ed up quick. It would be very interesting to see interceptors with less HP out of the gate, with the ship hull GA to allow them to bump back up to normal, or 5% better.

the trade off, hvy ints as they are now have more HP, IF you can afford adv exp AND adv sup, hull 1, and hull 2
putting hull GA in expansion would almost have to guarantee that, hvy ints would have less HP than currently, to "balance" it
in example: going expansion only, using no other tech base, it wouldn't be "balanced" to be uber tech, 1 trick pony

Lt ints start with 600 HP, if they started with say 500
Ints start with 700, if they started with 600, ship hull1, 600x1.1=660HP, hull2, 660x1.1=726HP ............ BUT current ints have capability of maxing HP at 847hp
Hvy start with 750, if they started with 650, ship hull1, 650x1.1=715HP, hull2, 715x1.1=786.5HP.......... BUT current hvy ints have capability of maxing at 900 hp (IF U HAD ADV SUP HULL1, HULL2, and faction hull GA of 1)

take into consideration many factions do not have the full 1.0 hull modifier, giga for example 0.85

Pro: Fighters/Scouts can stand in a fight a little better.
Pro: Bombers with nan trains may see benefit.
Pro: SF/ SB rarely use small shield, and probably shouldn't anyway, because let's be honest, if you mount it versus anyone good, they are going to kill you so fast
Con: Sup is already fairly decent, especially when you increase numbers, the fact of the matter is, Gats do more damage, and can do it longer, and pile racks of missiles on top of that, and you have a spike tech

If it were to happen, I think Sup would need to lose a GA
Missile Damage
Missile Track
Ripcord
Ship Agility
Ship Hull
Ship Sensors

Tac could benefit from any one of these, except hull, as mentioned below
thinking about it some, going to try missile damage in tactical, several reasons why:
SUP can defend quite easily IF you have enough teleports
SUP is best spiking tree, combine 30 seconds of gattling+ racks of dumbfire and you can nullify any threat, within 20 seconds reaction time
That's bam, station at risk, fighters are all over the map, they all rip back, 10 seconds should be plenty, give another 10 seconds to formate, threat dispatched

Tac SBs could be usable without AB2. Trying to SB with AB1 is sometimes fruitless. Missile damage at least gives it a chance.
And of course Sfs and hunters, which are often the best defense ever, or worst defense ever. hunter 1 is kind of crap, hunter 2 is decent

Exp could benefit from Agility, or Sensors

This is just a thread based on theory, but suppose Sup gets ship shield, I already gave Tac ship speed, perhaps Exp takes Sensors or Agility
Last edited by Weedman on Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
QUOTE Once engaged 13 and a half Dreg Heavy Ints (at the same time) with an IC Int and emerged in a heavy int with 2 mini 3 and 1 mini dis and all foes destroyed
--- QUOTE (spideycw @ Apr 1 2009, 01:53 PM) Definition of wtfpwn: Weedman in an int[/quote]
Lordus Weedicus II•Uses TS but can be difficult to understand due to the fact has never been sober•Expert int whore (without non-standard use of strafe buttons)•Gains skill increase when playing with Aarmstrong or former members of TRA•Expert miner D (ability to aim)•Can be trusted to run your economy•One of the half dozen or so game changers•Average Stacker
cashto

Post by cashto »

I'd go with moving missle damage to tac. It helps on sup, but only a little bit, but on tac it'd mean the difference between one LRMs or two to pod a nan scout, depending on KB.

Moving ripcord would be a BIG perk to tac and a BIG nerf to sup. Too big.

AFAIK missle track doesn't impact countermeasure resistence, and LRMs have good enough tracking as is.

Sup needs hull to go up against exp; it's a must-buy. And it'd be a waste in tac, as it means the difference between an SF that dies in 0.3 seconds or one that dies in 0.4 seconds.

In all my years I've never had anyone scream at me to buy agil, so I don't care much where it goes. Sensors "belong" in sup, as they are complementary to EWS probes.
Last edited by cashto on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Globemaster_III wrote:QUOTE (Globemaster_III @ Jan 11 2018, 11:27 PM) as you know i think very little of cashto, cashto alway a flying low pilot, he alway flying a trainer airplane and he rented
djrbk

Post by djrbk »

Ship Speed is the best GA in the game IMO. I thought it'd go to Tac to increase SF attack speed, but Missile DMG would help way more with that given the option of having a switcheroo.
Broodwich

Post by Broodwich »

i think dmg for shield is a good switch, sup gets more durable but doesnt have quite as much of its spiking ability, which is pretty nuts atm. Agility could go to tac too depending on how you are going to use snipers, although sup could use it too depending on how heavy you make their ships. I dont think ints really need agility in the grand scheme of things, but neither does anything else. Its nifty and all but pretty much everything else is better.

If ints are going to be the only ones to get pp then exp doesnt need sensors

hull is fairly useless on fighters as their strength comes from shields. If you ever wanted to make ints more expensive you could nerf the hull some and give exp hull ga so that it slightly overcompensates for its hp loss. Think like 5% less hull then GA makes it 5% more than current. Or you could go nuts and say 10% hull decrease and the GA brings it back up to 5% more than current. The math is weird for adding and subtracting % and i'm busy atm
QUOTE Drizzo: ha ha good old chap
Drizzo: i am a brit
Drizzo: tut tut
Drizzo: wankarrrrrr
Drizzo: i only have sex whilst in the missionary position[/quote] Fas est et ab hoste doceri - Ovid
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

I think Agility to Tac is the only viable option and it would have some significant effect there, unless you are running sniper-free.

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.