what file contains current in-game loadouts, what shortcut key it has been saved to?

Catch-all for all development not having a specific forum.
fwiffo

Post by fwiffo »

is it just stored in memory?
is it something easy like the keymap file? can you explain the format too if its unintuitive?

thanks
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
A Spathi's Axiom for Survival: "The only brave Spathi is a dead Spathi. RUN YOU FOOLS!"
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

It's loadout_cc16.dat in the root.

It's a binary dump. I can get you the exact field sizes but what are you trying to do?

The information is hierarchical:

Code: Select all

Total number of lists
Lists
  Number of ships in the list
  Ships
      Hull ID for the ship
      Number of parts in the ship
      Parts
        Part ID
        Mount ID
So there are 10 lists (0-9) and those are mapped to keys 0 to 9. The loadouts are not grouped by ship, but rather the same ship is copied into multiple lists (=loadouts).
Last edited by Spunkmeyer on Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.

dusanc

Post by dusanc »

Can we get loadouts per faction, so I can make them like:

1 - Initial scout for every faction
2 - Miner D scout for every faction
3 - Probing scout for every faction
- "History repeats itself for a reason" - "It's easy to cry for war when you've never experienced it" - "It's better to negotiate for 10 years then make war for 10 days" - "The strong do as they will, and the weak do as they must"
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

We can hack it, it won't be clean without considerably more work... but in any case, I don't think it's worth the effort. It's annoying to set up loadouts for all 9 factions but it's not THAT bad.

Having to copy the file over after every core change is pretty bad though, esp. since few people know about it. That we gotta fix.

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.

fwiffo

Post by fwiffo »

eww.. ok thanks for info. yea someone had asked me to look into this to see if i could set it up so that their loadouts would be set up the same way all the time (i think the current setup forgets if you exit the game)

i remember what a pain in the ass even reading the .igc file was so this is probably beyond my abilities :(
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
A Spathi's Axiom for Survival: "The only brave Spathi is a dead Spathi. RUN YOU FOOLS!"
raumvogel

Post by raumvogel »

Yea, I've just gotten used to re-configuring scouts constantly.