NEED

Discussion / Announcement area for PookCore II (PC2) development.
Vandal

Post by Vandal »

NEED EFFIX ON POOK CORE !
jgbaxter

Post by jgbaxter »

This is OLD school not SLOW school.

No EoR fanboys were harmed in the making of this post. hehe
n.b. I may not see a forum post replied to me or a pm sent to me for weeks and weeks...
Psychosis

Post by Psychosis »

pook is going to "attempt" rebalancing rix first... so effix is a LONG LONG way out.
Pook

Post by Pook »

I haven't seen anything about Effix, so I can't say.

What I can say is that you will most likely not see me very enthusiastic about adding factions that break the standard Allegiance formula. So "all missile" factions, factions with uber bombers, laser guns, and blooming onions need not apply.

mrgreen.gif
Terralthra

Post by Terralthra »

Pook wrote:
QUOTE (Pook @ Jul 14 2006, 08:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I haven't seen anything about Effix, so I can't say.

What I can say is that you will most likely not see me very enthusiastic about adding factions that break the standard Allegiance formula. So "all missile" factions, factions with uber bombers, laser guns, and blooming onions need not apply.

mrgreen.gif

Effix does have a significant bias towards missiles, but it is by no means a missile-only faction in the sense that Rix is a gun-only faction. It has significant bonuses to missile damage and track, with according penalties to gun range/damage. This is reflected in the tech prices, missiles being 75% of base, other tech being 125% of base.
Picobozo

Post by Picobozo »

So Effix missiles are cheaper, track better, and do more damage?

Jeez. Guess i'll have to test that one out myself, but my current prognosis is cheese. At least with rix you have to have a modicum of skill to use their gun advantage.

BTW, heres a fun fact. During the concept phase of the now defunct Allegiance Antimatter project I came up with the Shin'cha and Effix factions and backstory. Kind of wierd to see how they ended up now with a new story and wierd balance. But the name is the same as the day I made it. laugh.gif
Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. Pain is Temporary. Allegiance is forever.
Terralthra

Post by Terralthra »

Picobozo wrote:
QUOTE (Picobozo @ Jul 20 2006, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jeez. Guess i'll have to test that one out myself, but my current prognosis is cheese. At least with rix you have to have a modicum of skill to use their gun advantage.

BTW, heres a fun fact. During the concept phase of the now defunct Allegiance Antimatter project I came up with the Shin'cha and Effix factions and backstory. Kind of wierd to see how they ended up now with a new story and wierd balance. But the name is the same as the day I made it. laugh.gif

Research time 4 minutes, and their miners are *slow*.
Dengaroth

Post by Dengaroth »

Picobozo wrote:
QUOTE (Picobozo @ Jul 20 2006, 05:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pico,

clicky

Don't forget that this is with miners that go 60mps.

(the missile tracking bonus is lower than with DN's Dreg, for instance)

Picobozo wrote:
QUOTE (Picobozo @ Jul 20 2006, 05:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Damn, that sucks. For some reason your backstory wasn't part of the package provided, in fact I don't think anyone mentioned its existence... oh well.

re: weird balance - Do you remember the original concept? Flight academy, no exp, all that? I somehow fail to see how the current implementation could be considered "weird balance" after that laugh.gif (just try and see for yourself)

p.s. this doesn't really belong in the PC2 forum, now does it? smile.gif
Last edited by Dengaroth on Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
RT: The number of typical responses decreases exponentially as the number of joke options increases.