Allegiance Command School

"Can someone create a ________ for me?"
jbansk

Post by jbansk »

bastard wrote:QUOTE (bastard @ Nov 2 2012, 09:11 AM) When in management position you must leave personal feelings out of it and do what is best for the company (FreeAllegiance).
You clearly haven't been in a board meeting.

QUOTE Cashto doesn't HAVE TO KNOW HOW TO COMM TO RUN ACS.[/quote]
I disagree. We tried your method by appointing Bard as head of the Dev team and it was a complete disaster. Not only did he lack the ability to code (which he wasn't even responsible for) he also lacked the ability to organize a team and quite frankly, doesn't know the game that well.

QUOTE I will use myself as an example. I am in the US Navy, I run a division of 26 people and I am not qualified to do what 90% of them do. I do this though, I manage my people. I make sure the right people for the hands on work is there when they need to be. I make sure the work is being done. If it is not it is my job the kick them in the butt and make them. If still not to get them out of the seat and someone else who can do the job in there.[/quote]
You cannot kick any volunteer in the butt around here or you'll lose that help. Volunteers are very different from enlisted personnel. I would think someone in "Management" would be able to see that.

With your example, we could train commanders without them ever having flown a ship. Sorry, that just won't work...and, unlike the military, we don't have a command structure that allows command to be broken up and delegated to many individuals who know just enough about each others responsibilities to form a link from the lowest to the highest position (chain of command). Yeah the head of the military might not know how to dig a trench and yet can still manage to get a trench dug, but again, this is a volunteer organization and we simply don't have enough volunteers willing to be "kicked in the butt".

PKK said that "cashto tried to reestablish ACS in March, without getting support any useful feedback". So if he tried and failed is he capable of doing what you're suggesting he do?... if so, then what's the hold up?

ACS should be run by those who know command intimately. Any ACS "Leader" will likely be doing 50% of the training and 1% leading, and the other 49% of their time will be wasted here in a forum circle jerk.
[15:25] <BBT_> oh, so da vinci's mona lisa isn't his work?
[15:25] <+fuh-zz> No, he simply put effort into it.
[15:25] <BBT_> are you really that retarded?
cashto

Post by cashto »

Globemaster_III wrote:QUOTE (Globemaster_III @ Jan 11 2018, 11:27 PM) as you know i think very little of cashto, cashto alway a flying low pilot, he alway flying a trainer airplane and he rented
qqmwoarplox

Post by qqmwoarplox »

really?
Shizoku

Post by Shizoku »

When ClayPigeon took over ACS he was not a recognized "good" commander, in fact I'd say he was pretty awful. However he still managed to run a successful program for a number of years, something no one other than myself has done. What he had going for him was that he was very organized, had a well formulated plan and had a group of people that were willing to help in writing material and training students. Clay also had earned a pretty decent reputation as a player which probably allowed him to get people to listen to him.

I could say all kinds of negative things about cashto, but ultimately I'm not offering my time to help or lead the program so I really don't have a voice in the matter.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

Clay at least commanded sometimes, and he teaches for a living, so there's that...
There's a new sheriff in town.