Shipyard poll

Development area for FreeAllegiance's Community Core.
phungus420

Post by phungus420 »

The "How would you fix shipyard" thread has ran it's course. Personally I really liked the MkVI style suggestion someone came up with, and that seemed to be the most popular in that thread, but figured we could use a poll to see. I'm not a member of the CC team, so it's not like this is an official poll, but having a broken shipyard has been an issue with the game since release, so would be nice to see it actually fixed, and having a working shipyard would allow useful balancing things, like we could tie specmines and carrier drones to SY. Also the CC devs do seem to care, somewhat, about what we the players and community in general thinks.

For those not familiar with the MkVI tech system for shipyard discussed in the last thread, basically the SY con can't be built until a team has an advanced tech base, once the SY is constructed the type of capitals that become available are based on what techbases the team has:

Advanced Expo: Frigate, Heavy Class -> Devestator, Drydock -> Heavy Frigate (can mount aleph res and NG)
Advanced Sup: Attack Carrier, Heavy Class -> Cruiser (can mount aleph res), Drydock -> Supercarrier (rip2)
Advanced Tac: Corvette, Heavy Class -> Destroyer, Drydock -> Assault Ship
Rainbow: Battleship
Drydock upgrade requires Starbase

For those who have not played the XC core it basically turns SY into it's own tech path, with the SY becoming available at the start of the game and requiring a tech rock, and each ship type needs to be individually researched, also skycap turrets were removed. There are two obvious issues with this style though, and it still lead to SY basically not being used (though SY was toggled on much more in XC then in the CC core), those issues being it was still too easy to Frigate rush (this could probably be fixed making frigates require a Drydock), and the capital ships become incredibly weak as to be useless in games bigger then 10 v 10.

Leaving SY alone and removing it should be self explanatory poll options.
NightRychune

Post by NightRychune »

who the $#@! are you making polls
djrbk

Post by djrbk »

I'm going to go with: Someone who has at least logged in to the game within the past half year.
DasSmiter

Post by DasSmiter »

Dayum
ImageImageImage
Get over yourselves, don't try to win arguments on the internet where the option of a punch in the mouth is unavailable
"It is not that I cannot create anything good, but that I will not." And to prove this, he created the peacock.
Adept

Post by Adept »

It doesn't even have the right options :glare:
ImageImageImageImageImage
<bp|> Maybe when I grow up I can be a troll like PsycH
<bp|> or an obsessive compulsive paladin of law like Adept
Nobu

Post by Nobu »

make SY 50% cheaper, all SY ships/SY Tech 50% more expensive, and make them all small rip recievers
put carr is SY as was suggetsed in an earlier thread ( so we can stop playing as BELTS, Discoflux or Chinacorp)
Make SY plant on tech rocks

mmWHaARRR
YArr
NOBU
-YARR

Milestone: junkyard
Due in 514 years (12/11/25 18:00:00)
phungus420

Post by phungus420 »

Adept wrote:QUOTE (Adept @ May 8 2012, 04:42 AM) It doesn't even have the right options :glare:
Why didn't you ever give your opinion of what a right option, or way you thought SY should be fixed? Why keep your opinion secret? Man, this poll is unoficiall, I got no power and I'm not trying to step on yours or night's or whoever's toes. But I opened a thread asking how people thought SY could be fixed, let it go for a month and 4 pages and opened a thread based on what was said. You stayed silent, so how would you fix SY?