Training Zone Help

"Can someone create a ________ for me?"
cashto

Post by cashto »

So as some of you may know earlier this month I offered my services as ACS lead to NJ. Judging from the lack of freaking out in the ACS forums I can only assume the community approves. :D

One of my first acts will be to make the legendary ACS PDF public. I don't really care to spend a lot of time updating it -- someone can do that if they want, put it on the wiki, whatever. My goal for ACS is not to be some sort of elite training school where secrets of the Ancient Allegiance Masters are revealed to worthy pilots who have been in the community a long time; it'll more for people who have been in the community for 6-12 months, who are starting to have a firm grasp of the pilot side of the game, and now need an introduction to the command side of the game. So it'll be more a mentorship program where we really just reinforce the basic principles and help them through their first few games. Hopefully the outcome is we will have more people who enjoy commanding, and people feel comfortable flying for them because even though they may not the best, there's nothing egregiously horrible about how they command.

By the way now would be a good time to mention that I'm looking for instructors -- as you all know, I kinda suck at comm. :D So I need some strong commanders to help me out, first and foremost, and more important than that, people who are patient teachers and can put up with occasional bouts of voobiness from students. My PM box is open.
Globemaster_III wrote:QUOTE (Globemaster_III @ Jan 11 2018, 11:27 PM) as you know i think very little of cashto, cashto alway a flying low pilot, he alway flying a trainer airplane and he rented
CindySRM

Post by CindySRM »

cashto wrote:QUOTE (cashto @ Mar 29 2012, 03:39 PM) So as some of you may know earlier this month I offered my services as ACS lead to NJ. Judging from the lack of freaking out in the ACS forums I can only assume the community approves. :D

One of my first acts will be to make the legendary ACS PDF public. I don't really care to spend a lot of time updating it -- someone can do that if they want, put it on the wiki, whatever. My goal for ACS is not to be some sort of elite training school where secrets of the Ancient Allegiance Masters are revealed to worthy pilots who have been in the community a long time; it'll more for people who have been in the community for 6-12 months, who are starting to have a firm grasp of the pilot side of the game, and now need an introduction to the command side of the game. So it'll be more a mentorship program where we really just reinforce the basic principles and help them through their first few games. Hopefully the outcome is we will have more people who enjoy commanding, and people feel comfortable flying for them because even though they may not the best, there's nothing egregiously horrible about how they command.

By the way now would be a good time to mention that I'm looking for instructors -- as you all know, I kinda suck at comm. :D So I need some strong commanders to help me out, first and foremost, and more important than that, people who are patient teachers and can put up with occasional bouts of voobiness from students. My PM box is open.
Stop running ACS and get back into base and comm Cash. OUR MINERS ARE DIEING!
If I could contribute in any way then i would.
Maybe an example of how not to comm?
FreeBeer wrote:QUOTE (FreeBeer @ Oct 12 2011, 07:25 PM) You cockpit tease, you! :P
Broodwich

Post by Broodwich »

Imma just say acs is (or was) like it was for good reasons. But nobody wants to run it so like the rest of alleg let the voobs take over and run it into the ground
w/e
QUOTE Drizzo: ha ha good old chap
Drizzo: i am a brit
Drizzo: tut tut
Drizzo: wankarrrrrr
Drizzo: i only have sex whilst in the missionary position[/quote] Fas est et ab hoste doceri - Ovid
raumvogel

Post by raumvogel »

Did he just volunteer? :lol:
Shizoku

Post by Shizoku »

I really don't know whether to facepalm, laugh out loud or sink into a temporary state of depression. It's a very bizarre sensation knowing that a program I've spent hundreds of hours creating and running is being handed over by an idiot to another idiot.

I can sort of see why notjarvis jumped on the first person to volunteer, in his mind some activity is better than no activity. But really, it'd be far more worth it to open it all up to the public and just leave it rather than having some feeble minded simpleton attempt to revamp it.

Oh well, I may have cared more a couple years ago, but not now. For what it's worth good luck cashto, please don't screw it up too much.
Last edited by Shizoku on Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

ACS Leadership -

The unfortunate reality might be that I might have to do this
and being that I'm the one making bold claims like "Commanders are the most important thing ever" while I bitch out the noob training committee
it seems appropriate that I put my money where my mouth is
I also currently am not working 70 hours a week or some such so I have some time I can put into this

If Cashto is still going to lead it then I volunteer myself as an instructor/backseater so I can yell at Cashto the whole time
Last edited by Mastametz on Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
There's a new sheriff in town.
Broodwich

Post by Broodwich »

masta's attempt of backdooring into acs reminds me of fed's backdooring into bs
Drizzo: i only have sex whilst in the missionary position[/quote] Fas est et ab hoste doceri - Ovid
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

How is it backdooring when I could have easily taken over the whole thing a few days ago
Plus I've graduated from ACS! herp derp
Last edited by Mastametz on Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's a new sheriff in town.
Broodwich

Post by Broodwich »

so did chakote
notjarvis

Post by notjarvis »

locking.

If you still wish to help PM me, Fwiffo, Roy, spunky, cashto as appropriate and we'll try and help you get set up.