DeathMatch core

Development areas for Allegiance core (IGC) design.
Compellor

Post by Compellor »

Based on this thread, I have altered CC_13 to be deathmatch friendly. Conquest should be pretty much unplayable, and I haven't tested conquest on this core at all so for all I know it'll cause crashes.

Change list:
Sector radius reduced to 3000 (5000)
Station exit speed increased to 100 (50)
All ships except Interceptors disabled.
Nanite 1 no longer available at beginning of game.
Interceptors now have energy and can equip nanite guns.
Garrisons models swapped out for refs or teles.
Garrisons are now light bases, similar in durability to Giga teleports. Bios starbases are still tougher than garrisons, though proportionally they haven't changed.
Treasures have changed (chance to spawn):Booster3 (40%), Nan1 (20%), Minigun3 (20%), Powerup (20%)

Note that under standard DM settings, stations are invulnerable.
I'll add figs and SFs (maybe scouts?) in a later revision, but generally speaking ints are why people play DM, and I think they ought to be balanced before we try to add figs back in.

DOWNLOAD

================
Planned changes: Scan range on the garrisons and ints is too low to easily see treasures, so either I need to at least double the scan range or I need to massively speed up treasure creation.

Rather than make a separate Capship core, I think I'm going to add them back in as $0 ships that can be launched from the garrison, but can of course be turned off by turning off shipyard. The main question in my mind is what sort of ships to make available. I thinking cruisers with cruise and tac nukes, and destroyers with torps and killer swarm. Destroyers have the advantage of better firepower at long range, but cruisers have more HP, and if turrets are manned they can potentially shoot down incoming missiles. Frigates are on the same tech tier as destroyers, but they're at a significant disadvantage without turrets, and skycap doesn't do enough damage vs warships to make manning turrets a good strategy in general. Of course this gets complicated with all the differences between factions...
Last edited by Compellor on Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
Beyond a shadow of a doubt if you don't watch them like a hawk they will stack their collective balls off - MrChaos on Alleg players
Compellor

Post by Compellor »

I would find it very useful if vets would list what they feel were the strongest or weakest factions for interceptor or fighter dogfights at the Enh level in CC_13.

I need to play more. Anyway, my memories of CC_10 are something like:
Belters ints are too sluggish to be effective, and while their fighters are good fighters they don't quite stand up to ints, and start to feel the lack of shields vs. figs w/ SS2.
Bios is mostly awesome.
Dreg ints' speed is useful but otherwise they aren't very tough. Good figs but nothing special.
GT is decent, figs maybe a little weak before they get their special tech at Adv level.
Giga has pretty nice figs, but their ints are quite poor.
IC ints are the baseline for greatness. Their figs are less impressive.
Omicron was too new at the time.
Rix, like IC, has good ints with less impressive figs.
TF ints lack of speed may be annoying but they're really quite good in a dogfight. Figs have nice firepower and shields.

I'm thinking I'm not likely to get any feedback unless it ends up on autoupdate and a server, so I think I'll try to make something a little more polished based on CC_14 with SFs, figs, and some kind of capship enabled. I think figs will work if they're able to rip to the garrison to recharge their shields.
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
Beyond a shadow of a doubt if you don't watch them like a hawk they will stack their collective balls off - MrChaos on Alleg players
Phalanxe

Post by Phalanxe »

why dont make it kinda UT? start with a ship with basic guns finding guns and @#(! and killing other people? that could be cool
QUOTE 08/15/14 20:08:53: BabelFish (all): there are too many blacks on[/quote]
100%
Zero_Falcon

Post by Zero_Falcon »

Phalanxe wrote:QUOTE (Phalanxe @ Feb 11 2012, 05:32 PM) why dont make it kinda UT? start with a ship with basic guns finding guns and @#(! and killing other people? that could be cool
I'm getting the idea of CTF like in Team Fortress 2, in Alleg