Simplification game concept and interface

Development areas for Allegiance core (IGC) design.
clintbis

Post by clintbis »

I am sorry for simplified the damage chart but you cant do it, even if you try to equilibrate the hull point and shield of ship.

(I could prove you with math and matrix but I dont want take too much time for that :P )

But its not really a problem, the only thing a newb have to know is how kill a light armor (and a few medium armor) and all "classical weapon" do 100 % damage on light hull

and only "Snipers, combat drones, hvy plasgens, gauss, dumbfires, seekers, hunters, hunter killers, zeus, torpedoes" did 100 % dmg on medium

(for the light and medium shield, I saw a seeker deal 4x more damage than a qf :P )
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

I didn't say we can keep things 100% same while removing light/med armor distinction. I said there is no gameplay need to keep the distinction because there are no anti-med or anti-light hull guns. Things like turrets doing 15% less damage on med hulls is the kind of worthless complexity that shows up here.

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.