Training Core

Development areas for Allegiance core (IGC) design.
Xeretov

Post by Xeretov »

Mr. Kltplzyxm wrote:
QUOTE (Mr. Kltplzyxm @ Feb 18 2009, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oooh... another request: pretty please!

2 things:
1) Make the training scout a hvy scout capable of carrying a turret.
2) Give the turret the ability to mount any type of weapon. Ideally, I would like to be able to mount gatt in the turret's slot. Will have gunners sitting in my scout while I coach.

I'll add that to the combat scout actually, would make a bit more sense. It already has huge amounts of hull & ammo for ya. :)

Actually, about the combat scout: Which model / how many guns do you want on it? Right now I'm using the basic (soon to be hvy) IC scout. I can easily change that to GT or TF if you want more front mounts. I can also change the front mount(s) to be able to mount all weapons too, up to AC or possibly skycap (mass & accel starts to be a problem with the cap weapons).

Edit: You mentioned gunners in plural. Do you want more than one turret on the c-scout?
Last edited by Xeretov on Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kltplzyxm

Post by Kltplzyxm »

Well I wanted with whichever scout that can carry oodles of probes and have almost unlimited ammo. Just need room for one gunner. IC Scout is fine. TF would be nice in addition. Just one gun for everything. To be able to switch from miniAC to MG or Gatt on the turret would be great.
Last edited by Kltplzyxm on Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xeretov

Post by Xeretov »

Done. I increased the pack (probe & prox) capacity on the c-scout to what the other training scout has and upped the thrust a little bit to help with the mass. Seemed to handle fine in a quick test so you shouldn't have any problems with it. The turret & gun can mount anything up to skycap (mini, mini-ac, full ac, gatts, sniper, etc.) so just throw whatever you need on there. Ammo is 9000/rack, missile capacity is 6 on a rack of seekers (15 with seeker T) and it can drop prox. Has a huge number of hitpoints per your request and can mount both small and med shield (again, you can pick what you need for the training at loadout). That should be everything.

The core should be ready for full release within a week, give or take a few days. Everything's pretty much nailed down except for final bug testing, but the new version of the c-scout won't show up on beta so you'll have to wait until its released.

Once the core's out, take one of these up for a spin and let me know if you need anything else tacked onto it.
Xeretov

Post by Xeretov »

The core is out and is up on GPZ (thanks pkk!). There have been a few sessions run so far and no problems with the release so everyone can have at it. The first post in this thread is kept updated so check there first for new issues, requests, etc.

The core files can be downloaded from the bottom of the first post, or from This Link. They are in a .zip file so you will need to use a program like WinZip or similar to unpack them.

Copy all of the files from the .zip into your allegiance/artwork directory and make sure you select "Yes" if it asks you to overwrite any previous files. This will only be an issue for those who had the beta version installed.

Post any questions or requests about the core below.
Xeretov

Post by Xeretov »

For those of you unaware, tcor_02 has been on autoupdate for a while and is available for play on GPZ. I don't plan to put 02 on Planet.

tcor_03 has been postponed until the release of cc_06 and possibly cc_07 as well, depending on the volume of changes to the community core. Its may end up being easier to just recreate the training core from the new version than to update the old one.

Aside from updating the training core to the next CC release though, here's the current list of changes:

New Equipment Booster C Util Can C Sniper C Disruptor C Cash Box 4New Ships Training Fighter Training Stealth Fighter Bomber DronesOther Additions & Changes Training Base, which makes most tech available for research so you can easily customize what you have. The base can build on any normal or tech rock for convenience. Instructors now cost $75 each so you can decide when to hand them out or not. Instructors now mount Skyrips, and Skyrip damage has been doubled against asteroids. The special training equipment, ships and drones are now invisible by default when development is on. They are unlocked with 10s research items under Garrison (like Cashboxes). This will help reduce the clutter on both the F5 Construction tab and the loadout screen as you don't have to unlock what you don't need. All special equipment is still available when development is set to off. The recommended drone limits have been halved. Exceeding these limits can cause lag issues as the drones are not intended to be spammed. It may also cause the server to become unstable, although it runs fine within the limits. If anyone is found to be abusing drone spam then the drones will be removed from the core. Read the limits and use them responsibly. Equipment and development lists have been sorted properly. Other minor tweaks to ships & drones.

I will update the first post after the new core is released on autoupdate. It may or may not be put on Planet as well, I'll see what happens.
snufkin

Post by snufkin »

It would be really useful to see it on Planet, we tried to do a training session on GPZ but the lags were too high for most involved.
Xeretov

Post by Xeretov »

My only concern here is that Planet tends to crash enough as is. I don't want two noobs having a drone war during SG time or when main is on planet and making the whole thing unstable. 100 drones out can cause some serious issues, hence the recommended limits/warnings on them. To my knowledge the core has not been responsible for any instability or crashes so far though, so the warnings seem to be serving their purpose.

Aside from drone spam the core is quite stable, especially if you stay within said limits. This was another reason for my going with drones requiring the unlock research first: Noobs may not even find out there are drones to spam on tcor unless they read this thread, or find the unlocks by looking & reading. And by then I hope they've read the warnings.

Anyways, despite the good track record thus far, I feel much safer putting 03 out on planet than 02. CC_06 is just around the corner (insider information!!! :P ) and depending how the upcoming changes look I might just throw tcor_03 out before cc_07.
Last edited by Xeretov on Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DonKarnage

Post by DonKarnage »

I'm not seeing this core listed anymore, what happened?
Somebody was a moron with it, weren't they? :bang:

I always used this to help introduce new players to the game, and show them a few concepts, like STFN, prox camping against bombers, probing, miner hunting, and general target practice.
oh well :unsure:

EDIT: NVM, the only server that even runs it just happened to be down
Last edited by DonKarnage on Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is Karnage! Don Karnage! Roll the r!