Trifaction Core (3FC)

Development areas for Allegiance core (IGC) design.
Jersy

Post by Jersy »

Oh yeah, since yesterday, some changes in station hull/shields are in effect.

First of all, as I have probably stated before, I have entirely scrapped the idea of different armor classes for different bases, and all of them have just "major base hull" and "major base shield", and they toughness is only represented by different amount of hitpoints. There are now following unwritten categories of stations:

Light bases (Tele, Ref, Drone Control, ...): 5000 hull, 5000 shield
Medium bases (Outpost, He3 Mine, ...): 7500 hull, 7500 shield
Tech bases: 10000 hull, 10000 shield
ADV tech bases: 12500 hull, 12500 shield
Garrison: 15000 hull, 15000 shield
ADV Garrison: 20000 hull, 20000 shield

Having all bases with the same damage class also means that the idea of anti-base swarm attacks (disrupting lt bases, galving minor bases) are reduced to fighter-bombing only and any mid-game bombing is therefore reduced to basic bombers.

Also, the idea of "Pay-For-Missiles" aside (which I've put on hold), I've been putting together numbers on Anti-Base missiles - how much damage they cause and how many of them can offensive medium-class ships carry. AB1 will do 1200 dmg, AB2 1600, AB3 2000. As an example, an EXP bomber will be able to carry 10 missiles/rack, basic and TAC bomber 6/rack, and SUP bomber 2/rack. This is mainly to make destroying stations more gradual, but keeping the time-to-kill kinda the same.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link: Allegiance Stuff on "Jersy's Ultimate Blog of Concentrated Nerdiness"
Current stuff-count: 97
(Latest update: March 7th, 2011, in "Jers_Core Diary")

Stationed in CZECH REPUBLIC (link)
(GMT+1)
Jersy

Post by Jersy »

"Overheating" interceptor guns tested out and implemented.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link: Allegiance Stuff on "Jersy's Ultimate Blog of Concentrated Nerdiness"
Current stuff-count: 97
(Latest update: March 7th, 2011, in "Jers_Core Diary")

Stationed in CZECH REPUBLIC (link)
(GMT+1)