Coring with ICE

Development areas for Allegiance core (IGC) design.
TurkeyXIII

Post by TurkeyXIII »

Not that I'm aware of. I ripped out all the pres/defs for Delta Centauri too. I fell in love with the clear all pre and clear all def buttons that day.

Compared to putting them all back in again, though, clearing them out doesn't take much time at all.
QUOTE (Randall Munroe)14.2: Turkey consumption rate of the average American in milligrams per minute[/quote]
Jersy

Post by Jersy »

On stations, what checkbox indicates if players can transfer to it?

(i would test it myself, but I'm too tired at this moment (-; )
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link: Allegiance Stuff on "Jersy's Ultimate Blog of Concentrated Nerdiness"
Current stuff-count: 97
(Latest update: March 7th, 2011, in "Jers_Core Diary")

Stationed in CZECH REPUBLIC (link)
(GMT+1)
LANS

Post by LANS »

Jersy wrote:QUOTE (Jersy @ Mar 7 2011, 05:16 PM) On stations, what checkbox indicates if players can transfer to it?

Have a look at DN core Pheonix faction's Transciever (did I spell it right?) base - you could teleport to it, transfer to it while docked, and launch from it, but not land at it IIRC. It may have a clue on how to control base transferring.
Last edited by LANS on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
HSharp

Post by HSharp »

I think it would be "restart base", unsure though
Jersy

Post by Jersy »

I looked at the transciever and it seems to me that majority of it's function is created through the use of "dockable" checkbox... Also, for some reason, it has "Starting Base" turned off, which I am unsure what it does. It has a "Restart Base" turned on, so I would guess that this might indeed be the one affecting the transfers (as for example teleports and refineries don't have it).

I am primarily asking because of the idea I would now describe as the "reverse transciever" - a base that you can dock at, but not transfer to and launch from (kind of like large rescue probe working for all ships, not just pods).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(GMT+1)
pkk

Post by pkk »

Jersy wrote:QUOTE (Jersy @ Mar 7 2011, 11:16 PM) On stations, what checkbox indicates if players can transfer to it?

The "Restart base" flag (StationAbilityBit) in ICE will put any base on that list...
The Escapist (Justin Emerson) @ Dec 21 2010, 02:33 PM:
The history of open-source Allegiance is paved with the bodies of dead code branches, forum flame wars, and personal vendettas. But a community remains because people still love the game.
HSharp

Post by HSharp »

Jersy wrote:QUOTE (Jersy @ Mar 8 2011, 04:58 PM) I am primarily asking because of the idea I would now describe as the "reverse transciever" - a base that you can dock at, but not transfer to and launch from (kind of like large rescue probe working for all ships, not just pods).
Interesting concept but it does lead to issues, once the player docks at it then which base does the player get sent to? I dunno how the code would handle it if it worked so it might be like an escape pod getting picked up but it might also just crash the client and server.
Andon

Post by Andon »

If you can dock at a base, you can launch from it - If there's no exit door, then you launch from any random angle around the base.

I believe that if you can dock at a base, you can also transfer to it.
ImageImage
Jersy

Post by Jersy »

Well, my thought train was like this - there are stations that can rescue pods but cannot be transferred to (for example giga tele, iirc) - and if you dock your pod with them, you are also transferred to some other base. So if you docked a dockable base you cannot transfer to with your ship, the same thing would happen...

Not tested that yet though... But I probably will test it and find out...

(GMT+1)