Dreghklar ships

A place to discuss user-created Allegiance 3D models, textures, images, and other visual ingame content.
Vegeta

Post by Vegeta »

Az I said before I really Like these new modelz and totally support their use (( hell I keep komin back to see what yall have done with my factionz heh)) That Bein said though.. Someone Posted that I made a High accel Faction with Slim shhipz and it waz Broken..... False sir.. I made it like that ON Purpose Because .. well At the time I really didnt care about "balance".. and Honestly still dont... What do U get when U balance everything to the same lvl...U get Super mario brothers from nintendo.. AKA 2 different chars(( mario and Luigi)) BUT other then a paint JOB.. They R exactly the same...PLay the same etc... aka NO need for different charz...Ya see what IM sayin here.. dont make another Spunky core.. It failed for a reason....besidez.... Dreg EXP waz suppose to PWN.. That waz the original Idea......

Sorry most of meh rant waz aimed at the comment that Something I created wa broken.... When the truth iz It waz how I intended >;b...

That all Aside though.... I LUVVV these new modelz.. the way they Look iz awesome... And the "style" or "theme" keepz with my original concept and I luv it... Kant wait to see these in game.... Hurry up and Finish this @#(!.. SO I kan recruit you to finally start work on the Z faction..... >;b
Image[img]

Try Dungeonz and Dragonz online..itz Free
Dorjan

Post by Dorjan »

Models are done and ready in CC_11 ;)
I decided to relive the days gone by in my new blog.
---
Remember, what I say is IMO always. If I say that something sucks, it actually means "I think it sucks" OK?
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Jan 31 2012, 03:09 PM) True story.

Except the big about dorjan being jelly, that's just spidey's ego.
ImageImage
Adept

Post by Adept »

Nice to hear you approve of the look Veg.

The hitboxes are close mapped, so they are 130 - 150% bigger than most ships where you don't have to aim so exactly.

As a result they look very good (aren't tiny) and are roughly equally hittable. I took the approach that better a little too big than too small, especially since people may need to aim a bit differently. We'll see :cool:
ImageImageImageImageImage
<bp|> Maybe when I grow up I can be a troll like PsycH
<bp|> or an obsessive compulsive paladin of law like Adept
Spinoza

Post by Spinoza »

Adept wrote:QUOTE (Adept @ Jan 11 2011, 12:04 AM) The hitboxes are close mapped, so they are 130 - 150% bigger than most ships where you don't have to aim so exactly.
I think I detect a potentially confusing phrasing on your part... I think you mean that the visible size of the new Dreg is bigger than the visible size of other factions. So the form fitting Dreg hit-boxes are roughly comparable to the extended hit-boxes on classic ships like the IC fighter.
Right?
Last edited by Spinoza on Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
Dorjan

Post by Dorjan »

Correct spin. So the ship which you see is larger, but the effective hitting area is around the same.
I decided to relive the days gone by in my new blog.
---
Remember, what I say is IMO always. If I say that something sucks, it actually means "I think it sucks" OK?
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Jan 31 2012, 03:09 PM) True story.

Except the big about dorjan being jelly, that's just spidey's ego.
ImageImage
Spinoza

Post by Spinoza »

Quiz wrote:QUOTE (Quiz @ Nov 21 2010, 09:15 PM) A new utility ship. Not sure if it fits better as miner or constructor:
If you give it a cavity in the underbelly you can make two versions: a con with a bunch of containers and a miner with tanks.
Actually, doesn't have to be under... you can make ridge on either side or even cut the whole ship in half like a sandwich and put some cool stuff in the middle!

Yes... I love the new dreg and I'm eager to get more as soon as possible...
Last edited by Spinoza on Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image