My Core

Development areas for Allegiance core (IGC) design.
TurkeyXIII

Post by TurkeyXIII »

cores.txt seems to be for letting players create games on it from the lobby. It's not necessary (and probably redundant) when running a LAN game from AllSrvUI.
QUOTE (Randall Munroe)14.2: Turkey consumption rate of the average American in milligrams per minute[/quote]
zackman0010

Post by zackman0010 »

TurkeyXIII wrote:QUOTE (TurkeyXIII @ Apr 18 2010, 03:49 AM) cores.txt seems to be for letting players create games on it from the lobby. It's not necessary (and probably redundant) when running a LAN game from AllSrvUI.
Exactly what I thought. I KNEW creating that file was worthless. If I want to test my core or any other core I may decide to make, I will have to edit the static_core file.
Let DO THIS THING!!!
fuzzylunkin1

Post by fuzzylunkin1 »

Hmmm, I don't do it that way. And it's not worthless if you run the game through AllLobby like I do ;) . You don't need to edit anything if you are just using AllSrvUI for the crap that it is. All you do is type in the name of your core and create a game.
zackman0010

Post by zackman0010 »

fuzzylunkin1 wrote:QUOTE (fuzzylunkin1 @ Apr 18 2010, 04:59 PM) Hmmm, I don't do it that way. And it's not worthless if you run the game through AllLobby like I do ;) . You don't need to edit anything if you are just using AllSrvUI for the crap that it is. All you do is type in the name of your core and create a game.
I tried running it through AllLobby, but when I double-clicked it, it showed a black cmd screen for about half a second, then exited.
Let DO THIS THING!!!
FreeBeer

Post by FreeBeer »

Are you running AllSrv as a service? Are you restarting the service after you've changed the cores.txt file? AllSrv only reads it once when it starts up. You need to restart it in order for any changes to take effect.
[img]http://www.freeallegiance.org/forums/st ... erator.gif" alt="IPB Image">

chown -R us base
zackman0010

Post by zackman0010 »

FreeBeer wrote:QUOTE (FreeBeer @ Apr 21 2010, 01:57 PM) Are you running AllSrv as a service? Are you restarting the service after you've changed the cores.txt file? AllSrv only reads it once when it starts up. You need to restart it in order for any changes to take effect.
No and yes. He was talking about AllLobby, though. If I want to test a core of mine, I'll just have to edit the static_core! I do not mind!. I always make a backup just in case.
Let DO THIS THING!!!