This cadet II signup is a really big pain in the ass to find

Bard
Location: Within your command center, enacting fatal attacks upon your conscripts

Post by Bard »

http://www.freeallegiance.org/FAW/index.ph...Cadet_II_Signup

If someone else doesn't do it within the month I'll probably make juckto and TB angry by crosslinking it through editing until I'm blue in the face.

It doesn't link from here

It doesn't link from here

and it's not even mentioned on the "Training" section of the homepage here

Don't even get me started on the fact that there are no entries for training or education resources here

We revamped our homepage to attract more people - the wiki needs work.

:mad:

Please help me out with crosslinking. I don't want to step on anyone's toes but I keep getting asked in IRC and I have to link stuff to people. It's a doubly big pain when I can't find the links quickly because if I could I probably wouldn't get asked.

(edit - I swear, I did not mean to sound like Imago just there. Apologies to all who might have taken that as anger - it was mild irritation at worst.)
Last edited by Bard on Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image Omnia Mutantur, Nihil Interit.
badpazzword

Post by badpazzword »

Bard wrote:QUOTE (Bard @ Mar 20 2010, 12:10 PM) It doesn't link from here
Technically, it is linked from there: click on "Appx". Really, I guess the main reason is to funnell people through the basic program first. If people can't find the Cadet II link at the end of the Cadet I reading, it should probably be given more importance inside the AFS boards. A sticky, maybe.
Bard wrote:QUOTE (Bard @ Mar 20 2010, 12:10 PM) It doesn't link from here
Fixx0red.
Bard wrote:QUOTE (Bard @ Mar 20 2010, 12:10 PM) and it's not even mentioned on the "Training" section of the homepage here
Fixx0red. Feel free to suggest a better name for the link, however... or just edit it :)
Bard wrote:QUOTE (Bard @ Mar 20 2010, 12:10 PM) Don't even get me started on the fact that there are no entries for training or education resources here
That's my not-so-important page with the list of links; I don't think it ever aimed to be a complete replacement of the Search feature. :) If you want to add a Zones section with a list of various zone resources including training, feel free to.
Bard wrote:QUOTE (Bard @ Mar 20 2010, 12:10 PM) Please help me out with crosslinking. I don't want to step on anyone's toes but I keep getting asked in IRC and I have to link stuff to people. It's a doubly big pain when I can't find the links quickly because if I could I probably wouldn't get asked.
Just type "Cadet II" in the search box, you should get sent straight to http://www.freeallegiance.org/FAW/index.php/Cadet_II :)

For your convenience, I also have restored the "Cadet 2" redirection and added another redirect page, "CDT-A".

By the way, this is a wiki. As every edit page states, "If you do not want your writing to be edited mercilessly and redistributed at will, then do not submit it here." That also applies to the moderators' and leaders' work.
Have gaming questions? Get expert answers! Image Image
notjarvis

Post by notjarvis »

Out of interest. Would it be worth renaming CDT-II now we don't have a CDT-I?

To something like Advanced Training? Or Advanced Cadet?

ATM it looks a little odd.......
badpazzword

Post by badpazzword »

Well, if the AFS tryout works, it'll just be 100% AFS. If the AFS tryout fails, we'll be back to CDT + CDT-A... which eventually will become CDT + CDT-II.

Either way, eventually, constistency will be had :)

Yeah, it boggles enough the mind that I even had to create a wiki page about it.
Last edited by badpazzword on Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
BetaTester

Post by BetaTester »

Imago goes about normally in a "mild state of irritation" all the time. ;)
juckto

Post by juckto »

I was under the impression it's up to the Cadet I instructors (AFS instructors now) to promote Cadet II sign ups via the forum.

QUOTE Well, if the AFS tryout works, it'll just be 100% AFS. If the AFS tryout fails, we'll be back to CDT + CDT-A... which eventually will become CDT + CDT-II.[/quote]
Can you link me to the post where that decision was made?
Last edited by juckto on Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Usually though, "skill" is used to covertly mean "match the game exactly to my level of competence." Anyone who is at all worse than me should fail utterly (and humorously!) and anyone better is clearly too caught up in the game and their opinions shouldn't count.
badpazzword

Post by badpazzword »

It hasn't been made yet... which I guess is your point? (In that case I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to prove.)

Unless you are talking about this. Things, at any rate, are changing.
Last edited by badpazzword on Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
juckto

Post by juckto »

1. The Cadet II sign up should be provided to members of AFS from within the course. I see no reason to make it "easier to find".

2. I was just curious, because I thought that AFS would not be covering Cadet II material ... ever.
Last edited by juckto on Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Usually though, "skill" is used to covertly mean "match the game exactly to my level of competence." Anyone who is at all worse than me should fail utterly (and humorously!) and anyone better is clearly too caught up in the game and their opinions shouldn't count.