New Forum Rules

Development area for FreeAllegiance's Community Core.
spideycw

Post by spideycw »

I know everyone is eager to chime in with their opinion's on every topic and I have no problem with that.

However, we will no longer have asinine ideas or people chiming in with their ill thought out opinions in this forum.

If you want to suggest a change please explain why it makes sense in a logical manner. Providing numbers, examples, comparisons, and maybe even doing a little research on your idea will make this entire project run much more smoothly.

Violate these very very simple rules and you won't be posting in here anymore.

TL;DR - please write concise well thought out posts when making suggestions so I don't have to read more of the same drivel

For those of you who are confused see Xeretov's EXCELLENT post below

Xeretov wrote:
QUOTE (Xeretov @ Apr 28 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm pretty sure this would be possible, but would it balance anything out? I dislike shooting down ideas, but aside from the additional cost to upgrade them the ops & teles would still be ungalvable. And you can bet that any IC team that sees the enemy going sup will buy heavy bases before the other team gets galvs up.

I would rather go with HSharp's idea of making the current ones difficult to galv, but not impossible. The numbers Apoch ran in TEK seemed a little bit high (about double the time) and I'd rather have it around half again the time. After a bit of math I came up with the following numbers using Apoch's example of 5 figs with no KB:

3.1x damage to shield = 86.8 DMG P/S
7.25x damage to hull = 203 DMG P/S

Shield: 7665/434 = 17.7 seconds
Hull: 7665/1015 = 7.5 seconds
TTK = 25.2 seconds

Even rounded off to 3 and 7 for modifiers gives you a TTK of 26.1 seconds.

If anyone else wants to play with the numbers, I whipped up an excel spreadsheet so you can compare different changes right next to each other: (download link)

Polls

Apochedit: Please do not run polls in the CC forums. Polls are a tool used by the CC development team. Any unofficial polls will be removed
Last edited by spideycw on Tue May 05, 2009 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm sorry I don't remember any of it. For you the day spideycw graced your squad with utter destruction was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Sunday
Idanmel wrote:QUOTE (Idanmel @ Mar 19 2012, 05:54 AM) I am ashamed for all the drama I caused, I have much to learn on how to behave when things don't go my way.

My apologies.
Xeretov

Post by Xeretov »

Bump.

There have been some good suggestions so far but also many silly ones. Please check your facts and think about your proposals before posting.
DasSmiter

Post by DasSmiter »

These rules suck, more waffling!
ImageImageImage
Get over yourselves, don't try to win arguments on the internet where the option of a punch in the mouth is unavailable
"It is not that I cannot create anything good, but that I will not." And to prove this, he created the peacock.
Xeretov

Post by Xeretov »

An easy guide on posting here, courtesy of Psychosis!
Psychosis wrote:QUOTE (Psychosis @ Jan 24 2010, 10:39 PM) simple steps to decide whether or not you should post in the CC forumhave you written it down and thought about ithave you asked someone who may know more about it than you for their opinionhave you done some forum research on the topicare you up to date on what is going ondo you have an understanding of balance in allegiancehave you participated in conversation on another topic where someone complimented you on good datahave you ever used ICEhave you ever read the CC changelogcan you list at least 5 people who respect your opinion