why is there sound / drag in space?

Makida

Post by Makida »

Nanotech isn't magic, Koln. :roll: The turrets just rotate freely around the ship using perfectly everyday mechanical means, to allow them to fire in any direction. A gyroscope-stabilized periscope allows for an unobstructed view, which is kept oriented in the same direction while the turret moves (unless the gunner intentionally turns it) to make aiming easier, creating the impression of being able to shoot "through" the ship.

I'd put it all on the wiki, but I am not sure anyone would really want it all there. :P Maybe someday I'll edit bits of mah explanation down to a smaller size, and ask if I can put that up somewhere... Not really sure where it would fit... :lol:
Last edited by Makida on Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Koln

Post by Koln »

Nano tech IS magic. Other thing is that we understand and use it, but it's really magic and i love it :P .

About the wiki: just make a new article "girlyboy's explanation of alleg world" and put some links to it over there :P . That doesn't hurt :ninja:
Image ACS grad since 2nd Feb. 2010
Mindraker

Post by Mindraker »

There is sound in space because my favorite Sci Fi flick has sound in space.
Makida

Post by Makida »

My favourite Sci Fi flick (2001: A Space Odyssey) does not have sound in space, therefore there is no sound in space.
madpeople

Post by madpeople »

For such a long thread, I'm supprised nobody has actually written an article on this.

Anyone want to come up with a good name for the article to start with?
Maybe "Scientific Inaccuracies"
Last edited by madpeople on Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SgtMajor

Post by SgtMajor »

Well we disovered how to move a colossal amount of metal through space and we discovered black holes we can travel through, Dont you think we could figure a way to hear if a mother f%$^$ Interceptor is shooting at us?
The Last ACS Student
Doc Izzo wrote:QUOTE (Doc Izzo @ Sep 21 2012, 06:34 AM) k10, when people fear you like they fear me, you can get at me.
http://alleg.tripod.com