Swap color batch

Discussion area for user-created Allegiance models, textures, voicechats, music, and other ingame content.
Kap

Post by Kap »

Since R5 changed black to be transparent, some of the hi-res texture mods I have now display transparent sections. I have fixed this in a couple of files but they are numerous.

I would like to know if a program (or person willing to) exists that lets me swap a color (black) to another color (almost black) but multiple images at once as to avoid the manual work.
ImageImage
If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut. -- Albert Einstein
Adaven

Post by Adaven »

Maybe in photoshop? I know it can do batch adjustments, not sure about color swapping. If you can't get the batches to work, you should at least be able to assign your color swap to an action so it only takes a single keystroke.
Zapper

Post by Zapper »

Which files is it? I need to see this!

Full black have always been transparent!!
I use 050505 for black, even when some say that 030303 should be the lowest black.

Zap
Life suck's and then u play Alleg.
-.. ..- -.- . -. ..- -.- . .----. . -- .. ... - .... . --. .-. . .- - . ... -
SpaceJunk

Post by SpaceJunk »

I think I saw something similar happening only with PNG textures. The same texture in bmp mdl displayed correctly.
Adaven

Post by Adaven »

Yeah, when using a text mdl + png texture, there is a flag in the text .mdl that can set if black is transparent or not. The original release of mdlThing used to generate the text mdl defaulted the transparency ON, a number of texture dev's probably forgot to turn it off ( I know I've forgot and screwed it up a couple times myself).

All you really need to do is grab all the .png's from your artwork and textures folders, and run them all through mdlThing again with transparency turned off and it will batch generate you all the .mdl's for you to paste back into your alleg install.