Question - Factions, Storylines, History etc

Croc
Location: Home is the O.Z.Z. But I'll be assimilating prey in a galaxy near you...

Post by Croc »

Just asking on behalf of the Zone Events Team - who is handling this? It's not techincal (Allegwiki) and it's not gameplay (Academy) in that sense - I'm talking the fictional stuff that we use to run Zone Games (and by extension the storyline material for Fleet Wars etc). And as for the stuff that has been posted, does it fall under the documentation zone guidelines which seems to have been written with technical documentation in mind?

In the case that no one's ever really posed that sort of question, what are the chances of setting up a Zone Game wikiportal/group to handle that side of things? (We could really use somewhere to put all the stuff we come up with.)

Cheers in advance

Croc

Astronomy compels the soul to look upwards and leads us from this world to another.
Plato
Duckwarrior wrote:QUOTE (Duckwarrior @ Jan 12 2009, 09:55 AM) They may have some impediment, or condition, like they're French and not good at war things.
Cadillac

Post by Cadillac »

The Academy has a fanfic section which is run by BV.

So I guess it would fall under that.... ?
Image Image Image
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." Carl Sagan ("The Lives of the Stars" ep. 9 Cosmos)
Rants Blog Cadillac, *Wurflet@Event, ?GoldDragon@Alleg, ^Biggus*#$@us@XT, +Ashandarei@Zone
TheBored

Post by TheBored »

Never did respond to this, mostly because Cadi is correct. The Wiki has a specific mission... fanfic not included :(

TB
spideycw wrote:QUOTE (spideycw @ Nov 28 2008, 02:50 PM) All the retards are contained in one squad mostly (System X)
[18:48] <Imago> dont take me seriously
Croc
Location: Home is the O.Z.Z. But I'll be assimilating prey in a galaxy near you...

Post by Croc »

Unfortunately, the Academy isn't really the place for it either... (Fanfic being excatly that, fan fic, and not canon storyline material if that makes sense)

Thanks for the clarification though

Astronomy compels the soul to look upwards and leads us from this world to another.
Plato
Duckwarrior wrote:QUOTE (Duckwarrior @ Jan 12 2009, 09:55 AM) They may have some impediment, or condition, like they're French and not good at war things.
TheBored

Post by TheBored »

Fiction written by a fan fits quite well into "fanfic" in my opinion.

TB
spideycw wrote:QUOTE (spideycw @ Nov 28 2008, 02:50 PM) All the retards are contained in one squad mostly (System X)
[18:48] <Imago> dont take me seriously
Hellsyng

Post by Hellsyng »

TheBored wrote:QUOTE (TheBored @ Nov 10 2008, 10:56 PM) Fiction written by a fan fits quite well into "fanfic" in my opinion.

TB
He was saying that he didn't think that fanfic was what he mean't when he asked where all the storylines are.
I think that's it atleast but if not then sue me :P
MastaMetz wrote:QUOTE (MastaMetz @ Dec 6, 2012, 10:32 PM)@#(!ternet. I'm a genius!
notjarvis

Post by notjarvis »

Holy necropost Batman!
Parasitism

Post by Parasitism »

Damn necros.
ImageImage
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
juckto

Post by juckto »

Hellsyng wrote:QUOTE (Hellsyng @ Sep 23 2009, 08:50 AM) He was saying that he didn't think that fanfic was what he mean't when he asked where all the storylines are.
I think that's it atleast but if not then sue me :P
Well, he's got the zombie incoherent mumbling down pat.

Bang.
Usually though, "skill" is used to covertly mean "match the game exactly to my level of competence." Anyone who is at all worse than me should fail utterly (and humorously!) and anyone better is clearly too caught up in the game and their opinions shouldn't count.