I need some help with ICE

Core Editor
TurkeyXIII

Post by TurkeyXIII »

Andon wrote:QUOTE (Andon @ Aug 16 2009, 02:43 PM) Probably the order in the list when it is "un"sorted. Is SC1 above AC1 when unsorted? Try this (Don't have ICE at the moment and am too lazy to get it)
Something like that. There's some priority system for what weapon is used when there are multiple options, and it might be unsorted order. If that doesn't work, try... reverse-alphabetical?
QUOTE (Randall Munroe)14.2: Turkey consumption rate of the average American in milligrams per minute[/quote]
Compellor

Post by Compellor »

I'm not sure how ICE handles it, but in the text cores priority appears to be pretty simple, priority decreases from left to right in the defaults list.
Last edited by Compellor on Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
Beyond a shadow of a doubt if you don't watch them like a hawk they will stack their collective balls off - MrChaos on Alleg players
juckto

Post by juckto »

Turns out it's the part with the lowest UID. I'm annoyed because I thought that was the first thing I checked.
Usually though, "skill" is used to covertly mean "match the game exactly to my level of competence." Anyone who is at all worse than me should fail utterly (and humorously!) and anyone better is clearly too caught up in the game and their opinions shouldn't count.
Andon

Post by Andon »

Hooray text cores? Might be able to set the UID in them...
ImageImage
juckto

Post by juckto »

Actually scratch that. I don't know what the hell it is choosing them based on.

+Edit. Probably alphabetical
Last edited by juckto on Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Usually though, "skill" is used to covertly mean "match the game exactly to my level of competence." Anyone who is at all worse than me should fail utterly (and humorously!) and anyone better is clearly too caught up in the game and their opinions shouldn't count.
Xeretov

Post by Xeretov »

I tried changing the order in which I added the items to the default loadout. I would add one item, confirm the edit, save, then add the next. It seemed to help, but it wasn't perfect. A couple of the items were still loading out of order.

I'm not sure this can be changed with ICE. The new text based cores might be a solution to the issue, but for now the solution we've opted for in CC is to remove AC from the default loadout of capships that can load skycaps. Its not perfect, but it should help cut down on situations where a fully gunned Flag4 launches with ACs in the turrets.

Edit: If anyone does figure out the answer to this puzzle I'd love to hear it.
Last edited by Xeretov on Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Compellor

Post by Compellor »

Some capital ships have turrets which default to AC, and some have turrets which default to SC, in spite of having both AC and SC in the defaults list in ICE, so it can't be anything to do with alphabetical order or UID or what have you.
Last edited by Compellor on Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
Beyond a shadow of a doubt if you don't watch them like a hawk they will stack their collective balls off - MrChaos on Alleg players
KGJV

Post by KGJV »

http://code.google.com/p/allegice/downloads/list

I've uploaded a new version of ICE (3.42 special build) which can sort the default loadout. (this version has also new stuff, check the readme).

BE WARNED: This is a temporary version so you can test if the loadout order affect the ac/sc behavior . Don't use it for anything else (well it's not recommended because many internal things have been changed in this version...).

Because of low available time and some limitation with the UI API used in ICE (MFC), i've simply disabled the 'sort' mode of the default loadout list and added up/down buttons so you can manually sort the list.

BUT when you click the 'edit' button you'll lose the order again and the complete list will be unsorted, making it harder to find items in it.

The whole UI for default loadout needs a complete revamp and i've not much time for this yet hence this special build for now (anyway you'll need to confirm that the order really affect the in-game behavior then i'll think about a new UI :lol: )
juckto

Post by juckto »

Thanks kage, that worked brilliantly.