Allegiance Readme.txt

RHINO_Mk_II

Post by RHINO_Mk_II »

Below is an excerpt from the readme that I think no longer reflects the community's opinion of the Newbie servers:

· After training, learn basic gameplay and technology on the Newbie servers. Learn how to contribute to a team and how to use the technology. Once you've mastered the basics, join the vets and don't look back. Bad habits are formed when learning from the inexperienced.
· Do not join a real game when trying to "figure out the controls" or "learn how to play." That is what the Newbie servers are for. Only join real games if you are able to contribute to your team.

I think it should be rewritten slightly before the R5 installer is released.
If you can choose to be decisive or correct, always choose decisive. Otherwise, this can happen to you:
Image Image
"Totus vestri substructio es erus nobis iam"
Makida

Post by Makida »

I think it would be better if something were done to make the newbie servers actually work that way again. >_>
Imago

Post by Imago »

the readme still sucks regardless.

These bugs haven't been fixed yet because don't have any developers interested in fixing them up. --Tigereye
Imago's stupid-sensor is supersensitive. --RealPandemonium
The art is managing the flow of the drama to achieve the desired results. --Big_Beta_Tester
joeld wrote:But we’ve been amazed at the level to which some of the Allegiance fans have remained hard-core.
juckto

Post by juckto »

I'll put it on my To-Do list.
Usually though, "skill" is used to covertly mean "match the game exactly to my level of competence." Anyone who is at all worse than me should fail utterly (and humorously!) and anyone better is clearly too caught up in the game and their opinions shouldn't count.
Imago

Post by Imago »

If you need any help with this let me know.

The updated read me should describe all new features in R5 and how to use them/what they do.

These bugs haven't been fixed yet because don't have any developers interested in fixing them up. --Tigereye
Imago's stupid-sensor is supersensitive. --RealPandemonium
The art is managing the flow of the drama to achieve the desired results. --Big_Beta_Tester
joeld wrote:But we’ve been amazed at the level to which some of the Allegiance fans have remained hard-core.