Soilder class?

The land-based version of Allegiance, under construction.
sambasti

Post by sambasti »

My thought on soldiers was having them robot mech kind of things, so when they get "podded" you can make them be down to a basic survival suit with only 5 min of oxygen.
WhiskeyGhost

Post by WhiskeyGhost »

sambasti wrote:
QUOTE (sambasti @ Dec 11 2008, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My thought on soldiers was having them robot mech kind of things, so when they get "podded" you can make them be down to a basic survival suit with only 5 min of oxygen.

battle armor would be more interesting if it were optional, especially if it worked towards both needing technology and an economy to utilize it (think giga luxury ships).

Of course, losing said armor doesn't mean you can't be ejected out of it into a basic infantry environmental suit armed with a pistol/smg.
Rand0m_Numb3r wrote:QUOTE (Rand0m_Numb3r @ Aug 9 2007, 12:27 AM)CURSES I HAVE BEEN DEFEATED!
My_Muffin

Post by My_Muffin »

How bout making them crippled. So they have to crawl to a medic spot? If your to injured to fight you can't do much. plus it gives the feel of a pod. slow and helpless
Muffin's hungry...
Valiance

Post by Valiance »

Despite the fact that this link isnt to a soldier/infantry discussion as sambasti promised:

My idea:
Scouts: motorbike/hoverbike/some other small vehicle, low armour, sole purpose is to spot things using probe things they chuck into the ground, carry small arms. Fast on their bike, but without it they are basically pods.

Fighters: Multiple manned land vehicles, similar to warthogs off halo. They can get out of their vehicle and are moderately armed, decent but not great at taking out vehicles and infantry. Vehicle is quite speedy so can cause problems for defenders.

Interceptors: Soldiers in giant mechsuits, cannot exit suit until podded, has massive firepower at ok range, but very slow. Very tough and has the greatest firepower single manned vehicle.

Engineer: Drives a quadbike-type thing, can deploy charges to destroy vehicles, but is an easy targe when one tres to do so as it must be on foot.aswell as sneak up and takeover enemy vehicles (can be shot off whilst atempting to do so)

SFs: Has no vehicle, armed with a sniper for taking out infantry, can lay charges that are optimised against miners, but it vulnerable when trying to do so.

Caps: Large tanks that are very hard to stop.

These link in with 5 techpaths respectively:
Sup-Infantry
Tac-Sniper
Exp-Mechs
Demolitions(?)-Engineer
SY-Tanks
ImageImage
sambasti

Post by sambasti »

Valiance wrote:QUOTE (Valiance @ Jun 14 2009, 10:08 AM) Despite the fact that this link isnt to a soldier/infantry discussion as sambasti promised:
Sorry about that. I was getting lazy, and I think this is the closest I could find to a discussion about what infantry would be.

Your idea: This is really an issue up to the core, and we in the development are not going to worry about it to much for now.