Far into the future:

The land-based version of Allegiance, under construction.
fuzzylunkin1

Post by fuzzylunkin1 »

This is getting pretty far ahead of ourselves, but I think it would be very cool to allow players to donate money and get something back in game. They wouldn't be able to get anything that would cause an imbalance in gameplay, but maybe they could customize their players or something.

I'm not entirely sure what they would get back, seeing as we hardly have anything for a game.

Basically, I'm putting this idea here so I don't forget it :) .
Imperio59

Post by Imperio59 »

Sure, wouldn't be too hard to incorporate a small module into servers that connects to a database and allows them access to a different skin, or other kinds of weapons/armor...
Cadillac

Post by Cadillac »

We have to be very careful about doing something like this, as this is supposed to be a strictly non-commercial venture.
Image Image Image
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." Carl Sagan ("The Lives of the Stars" ep. 9 Cosmos)
Rants Blog Cadillac, *Wurflet@Event, ?GoldDragon@Alleg, ^Biggus*#$@us@XT, +Ashandarei@Zone
Imperio59

Post by Imperio59 »

It would be to support the website. I don't really see what the problem would be. People in FPS games have donation systems for their servers all the time, like in Counter-strike, etc...
fuzzylunkin1

Post by fuzzylunkin1 »

It would be just like donating for Allegiance, except you have a wider range of incentives to donate.

I would like to stress this point:

QUOTE They wouldn't be able to get anything that would cause an imbalance in gameplay[/quote]
Cadillac

Post by Cadillac »

I'm just making it crystal clear.
Image Image Image
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." Carl Sagan ("The Lives of the Stars" ep. 9 Cosmos)
Rants Blog Cadillac, *Wurflet@Event, ?GoldDragon@Alleg, ^Biggus*#$@us@XT, +Ashandarei@Zone
Grimmwolf_GB

Post by Grimmwolf_GB »

I would not like a system like this. I don't get anything out of paying for the server or spending my time in the helpline. Why would you want to offer that to others and spend time to create such a content, which would take away your time, which you could use to improve allegiance for all players? This game lives through donations without kickback, I hope it stays this way.
Arson_Fire

Post by Arson_Fire »

Agreed, it's not a great idea. Both for moral reasons and practical implementation.

If it unlocks custom skins or other artwork then it will not take long at all for people to make the content accessible for free through mods. This sort of thing works with console games but just fails on PCs where the game files are so easily accessible.

And no, I'm not suggesting we consider locking down artwork files.
lexaal

Post by lexaal »

Heavy Ints only for those who pay!
I have a johnson photo in my profile since 2010.
amsunaakage

Post by amsunaakage »

Who pays gets a @alleg tag for 2 days per week :iluv: