BSG core Changelog

Discussion / Announcement area for Battlestar Galactica Core development.
Andon

Post by Andon »

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, you read it right. BSG core has now entered version 1. You can download it here: http://www.matchfiregames.net/allegiance/bsg/bsg1.00.igc

There are many, many changes to the way the core functions. I'm not going to go super-in-depth with things because of this.

Changes:
Expansion, Supremacy, and Tactical stations have been eliminated and replaced by a "Research Station," which can be built on any special asteroid. Upon completion, the Research Station then has several sub-researches. Almost all research is tied to these sub-researches. Base upgrades, such as the FTL Beacon, Heavy FTL Beacon, and Total War, are researched in the Garrison.

Ship Designs research allows for ship developments to be researched. Ship developments are in the Supremacy tab
Gun Designs research allows for gun developments to be researched. Gun developments are in the Tactical tab
Missile Designs research allows for missile developments to be researched. Missile developments are in the Tactical tab
Equipment Designs research allows for equipment developments to be researched. Equipment developments are in the Expansion tab.
General Advancements and Improved Advancements allow for Level 1 and Level 2 GAs to be researched. GAs are in the Garrison tab, and Improved Advancements requires General Advancements research.
Shipyard developments are still in the Shipyard tab. The Level 3 tech tied to them (KEW3, Heavy KEW 3, Rocket Pod 3, Anti-Fighter Missile 3, Nuclear Missile 3) is now in the Tactical tab. They still require a shipyard to be researched.

Ship Acceleration and Ship Agility have been combined into a Ship Agility GA
Gun Damage and Missile Damage have been combined into a Weapon Damage GA
Ship Hull and Station Hull have been combined into a Hull GA

Colonial Research Stations do not start out with a FTL Beacon, but are upgraded with the regular FTL Beacon research.
Colonials have a new development: Total War. This makes their Outposts count for victory, making them harder to defeat
Cylons have a new development: Heavy FTL Beacon. This makes their FTL Beacons light outposts as well
KEW 3 and Heavy KEW 3 developments have been made available to both Cylons and Colonials instead of just Cylons

Repair Ships have been removed. Raptors and Raiders can now mount the Repair Gun, which is still ammo based. The Repair Gun repairs slightly less.

Damage on all versions of Anti-Fighter Missiles has been increased.

No Development Changes
No Development, or DM mode, has undergone some drastic changes.

All tech has a DM-specific version, which has a different function than their regular Development counterparts. As such, they have no level, and are referred to as simply "KEW" or "Countermeasure" or whatever.

Ammo reloads have been removed from DM mode.
Ships carry a much smaller number of missiles and countermeasures - They are, however, much more powerful.
Anti-Fighter missiles will do a large amount of damage to a craft. It is not sufficient to be a one-hit instant kill, but with only a little additional damage it will easily dispatch an opponent.
Countermeasures are much more powerful
The Raptor cannot mount deployables and has a very small ammo reserve. It has had it's Scan range increased by 1100 meters and hull increased by 150.
The Light Sig Cloak has been increased in power to 75% from 50%, and has had it's energy drain reduced to 100 from 125
Afterburners have an additional 250 thrust
Armor Plating has had no changes, however there may be future changes and the item remains as a duplicate
KEWs have had no changes, however there may be future changes and the items remain as dupicates
Vipers now no longer have Lead Indicators on their own - They must rely on a Raptor to relay that information
Last edited by Andon on Tue May 26, 2009 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Makida

Post by Makida »

Sounds awesometastic. ^_^

But, are capital ships still half the size of a sector? :P
parcival

Post by parcival »

Sounds interesting! When can we give it a go?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
" There is good in everyone. You just need the eyes for it. "
Mordechaj

Post by Mordechaj »

can't wait to play a proper game on this core! :)
Image "South of the Alps and East of the Adriatic, paranoia is considered mental equilibrium..."
Andon

Post by Andon »

I had sent in a version to TE, but then I asked him to withold it for some cosmetic changes that I was thinking of doing. Said Cosmetic Changes turned into the DM changes above. So I've still got to send that in to him.

I've also talked to Aarm, and he's agreed to host it on Planet - Still need to discuss some stuff with the GPZ guys as well, but hopefully we'll come to an agreement as well.

EDIT: Added a download link. There's no servers for it now, but you could start your own LAN Server and play it out. And, of course, you could always hunt me down on IRC and have me put up a game on Hamachi.
Last edited by Andon on Tue May 26, 2009 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
WK570

Post by WK570 »

I may have found something, not sure though.

I set up a solo game, went through the tech tree, and found that the Cylon faction does not seem to be able to buy a Shipyard Con. I researched allow shipyard, but no build slot opened up under construction. I went through the colonial as well, everything seemed fine.

I'd like to play some BSG conquest games, I like the way the tech tree is laid out, it's easy to understand.

Thanks for keeping up an awesome core!
Andon

Post by Andon »

Hrm... I didn't change the shipyard requirements at all. That is very weird. I'll have to look into it.
ImageImage