Copyrights regarding music pack?

A place to discuss user-created Allegiance music, soundfiles, chatpacks, and other audio-related content.
Zero_Falcon

Post by Zero_Falcon »

I am making a music pack - I am going to use music from Star Fox (SNES) for it (more intense orchestral music, compared to the original but slow and lifeless AMP1 IMO).

But do copyrights still apply for using those soundtracks in my music pack mod?

PS: May be offtopic, but did the BSGCore developers need to resolve copyright issues first before getting the BSGCore into alleg?
Last edited by Zero_Falcon on Fri May 22, 2009 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raveen

Post by Raveen »

My opinion ofthe BSG core and SW core situation:

If they are using models they sourced from a legitimate place (eg. made themselves or used with permission models made by another group) then there is no conflict. If they used models from a published game then there is potential for a copyright issue.

If the Starfox music is still in copyright then you may have trouble. My personal position would be no support or hosting by FAO but you're free to distribute the music from your own host if you choose. I would strongly suggest you contact Tigereye to confirm the official FAO position though.
ImageImage
Spidey: Can't think of a reason I'd need to know anything
Zero_Falcon

Post by Zero_Falcon »

Raveen wrote:QUOTE (Raveen @ May 28 2009, 03:51 PM) My opinion ofthe BSG core and SW core situation:

If they are using models they sourced from a legitimate place (eg. made themselves or used with permission models made by another group) then there is no conflict. If they used models from a published game then there is potential for a copyright issue.
I got the music from http://arwinglanding.net