WIKI EDITS MAY DISAPPEAR

Tigereye

Post by Tigereye »

At some point tomorrow, the new forumserver will come online and replace this server which has housed our community for years.

When this happens, I will be taking a copy of all *text* in the wiki and moving it over - a process which will take a maximum of 20 minutes. (I just did a test migration and it took only 10 minutes, but I like to build myself a buffer)

During this time tomorrow, any edits that people perform on the wiki's *TEXT* will be lost.

Separate from all of the wiki text is the wiki pictures/attachments/files.
I copied all of the wiki files to the new server at 7pm EDT today (6 hours prior to this post). When the new server comes online tomorrow, any files uploaded/modified after 7pm EDT on March 24th will not exist on the new server.

Each of you will need to keep track of the images/attachments you have uploaded after this time, and re-upload them into your wiki articles.
The text/formatting/contents of your wiki articles should be moved without problems, but any linked files that are uploaded to the wiki after 7pm EDT will not exist.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

--TE

The Allegiance community currently hates their sysadmin because he is doing: [Too Much] [____________|] [Too Little]
Current reason: Removing the PayPal contribute page. Send Bitcoin instead: 1EccFi98tR5S9BYLuB61sFfxKqqgSKK8Yz. This scale updates regularly.
Tigereye

Post by Tigereye »

Forum move complete.

I don't think anyone noticed :P

--TE

The Allegiance community currently hates their sysadmin because he is doing: [Too Much] [____________|] [Too Little]
Current reason: Removing the PayPal contribute page. Send Bitcoin instead: 1EccFi98tR5S9BYLuB61sFfxKqqgSKK8Yz. This scale updates regularly.