Sectors

The land-based version of Allegiance, under construction.
XP105

Post by XP105 »

Enough with stargate, its finished! ok? (apart from stargate worlds and universe, which hasnt even started) i like the idea of an airstrike dropping a bombs which makes a trench go along, you can sort of draw a path in the f3 view. The longer the line, the more its gonna cost
shibbyx1

Post by shibbyx1 »

Don't forget HL2 StarGate Mod, one mod for freelancer (where ever that went), a failed attempt at halo modding, Some other old game with a SG mod, And Stargate Allegiance mod (It has to come one day, after all there is/was are Star Wars mod :D )

Edit: Mods!
Last edited by shibbyx1 on Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
quote 'djrbk I'm quitting Allegiance unless someone quotes me on something I said in their sig
Andon

Post by Andon »

I will say that it is highly unlikely that there will ever be a Stargate core for alleg, due to the fact that a good 75% of Stargate stuff is cap ships, and when you don't have more than one different type of small craft, it makes things a bit, well, difficult to do.
ImageImage
the_dare

Post by the_dare »

destructible building and objects could be possible. i will have a look at the physics and calculations involved in them.
Cadillac

Post by Cadillac »

Andon wrote:QUOTE (Andon @ Jan 29 2009, 02:54 AM) I will say that it is highly unlikely that there will ever be a Stargate core for alleg, due to the fact that a good 75% of Stargate stuff is cap ships, and when you don't have more than one different type of small craft, it makes things a bit, well, difficult to do.
Silence, unbeliever!

Though most of your points are sadly valid. But you did a BSG core and there are $#@! all ships in that series :)

A star trek core on the other hand ... :P
Image Image Image
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." Carl Sagan ("The Lives of the Stars" ep. 9 Cosmos)
Rants Blog Cadillac, *Wurflet@Event, ?GoldDragon@Alleg, ^Biggus*#$@us@XT, +Ashandarei@Zone
XP105

Post by XP105 »

Do Star Trek and i will kill you all ¬_¬ i would prefere Stargate :P

But again i ask (to keep on topic) has the sector idea been chosen yet? or will it all depend on what Finn can do in the terrain etc?
Makida

Post by Makida »

Andon, that's simply not true. I made an overly lengthy post in one of the development forums about this, listing exactly how PERFECTLY the Stargate ship designs fit Allegiance (and proving that I, too, can be an extreme nerd). Granted, only the Goa'uld, really, but their ships do fit perfectly. They already have interceptors, bombers, HTTs, scouts, and with a bit of creativity, stealth ships and fighters. ^_^

Anyway, who said Stargate? I didn't say Stargate. >_> I said "Tokra tunnels." <_< Who am I to say where this strange-sounding term comes from? :P

And sorry for the derail. >_<
Andon

Post by Andon »

Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Feb 13 2009, 06:25 AM) Silence, unbeliever!

Though most of your points are sadly valid. But you did a BSG core and there are $#@! all ships in that series :)

A star trek core on the other hand ... :P
A Stargate core would be much more doable than a Star Trek core.... Star Trek is 99.99% cap ships...

As for BSG core - BSG has the same number of ship types per side. Stargate, on the other hand, has hordes of Goa'ould ships, a handful of Earth ships, a handful of Wraith ships, ONE Ori ship, and a handful of one-off 'alien' things. It would be nigh-impossible to balance, as there's too vast of a difference between each faction - you need to have some form of starting balance point to start from. And having every ship look the same for almost all factions but having one faction with different ships with different hitboxes, sizes, and whatnot would be such a pain to do.
ImageImage
XP105

Post by XP105 »

Andon wrote:QUOTE (Andon @ Feb 18 2009, 10:51 PM) A Stargate core would be much more doable than a Star Trek core.... Star Trek is 99.99% cap ships...

As for BSG core - BSG has the same number of ship types per side. Stargate, on the other hand, has hordes of Goa'ould ships, a handful of Earth ships, a handful of Wraith ships, ONE Ori ship, and a handful of one-off 'alien' things. It would be nigh-impossible to balance, as there's too vast of a difference between each faction - you need to have some form of starting balance point to start from. And having every ship look the same for almost all factions but having one faction with different ships with different hitboxes, sizes, and whatnot would be such a pain to do.
First of all, there is a second Ori ship, the fighter, we dont see much of them, but enough to know what they were.
But for the stargate core, i suppose the best option would be bad vs good

Clickity Click All ships mentioned in Stargate. Maybe read up on it and see what someone could do, like variations of the puddle jumper, stealth (cloaked jumper) or shielded jumper
Makida

Post by Makida »

I think at first the Stargate core could *just* have the Goa'uld, because they're the easiest (see my post in the Core Development forum). Their ships mostly fit 1 for 1 with Allegiance ship types. Then, we could gradually add more factions. The Goa'uld fought amongst themselves all the time, so.

Anyway, I know I am the one who sort of derailed this in the first place, but lets get back to Quantus. :P You could always give the Stargate Core thread in the Core Dev forum some love if you feel like it though. ^_^