BSG core with Squad Game Balance

Discussion / Announcement area for Battlestar Galactica Core development.
Andon

Post by Andon »

You guys are missing the point. I do not want the core to be used in a squad game. It would be cool, but it won't happen.

I want it to have, however, balance suitable for a squad game.
ImageImage
apochboi

Post by apochboi »

you need to create another thread then with a more appropriate title on the thread
Andon

Post by Andon »

Or I could just edit the title. Like I just did
ImageImage
Raveen

Post by Raveen »

Solaria wrote:
QUOTE (Solaria @ Mar 7 2008, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You guys are missing the point. I do not want the core to be used in a squad game. It would be cool, but it won't happen.

I want it to have, however, balance suitable for a squad game.

Raveen wrote:
QUOTE (Raveen @ Mar 7 2008, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You need lots of games to make it balanced enough for SGs and as a novelty core you're not likely to get them I'm sad to say. Unless you recruit a load of BSG fans to play the core for you wink.gif
ImageImage
Spidey: Can't think of a reason I'd need to know anything
BlackViper

Post by BlackViper »

What most core devs fail to realize is that commanders and players must learn a new core in order to play it effectively. Most do not want to, hence novelty cores never get mainstream play.
Always in the Shadows...
Raveen

Post by Raveen »

Agreed BV, no matter how much time and effort went into making EoR documentation people still tried to play it like standard Alleg and gave up when that didn't work.
ImageImage
Spidey: Can't think of a reason I'd need to know anything
madpeople

Post by madpeople »

Raveen wrote:
QUOTE (Raveen @ Mar 9 2008, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agreed BV, no matter how much time and effort went into making EoR documentation people still tried to play it like standard Alleg and gave up when that didn't work.

problem with documentation is
"what?! i have to read all that before i can play the core?" -> tldr

+ not everyone who just plays the game and doesn't do the forums would know where/what to read, or that they need to read anything
Last edited by madpeople on Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jgbaxter

Post by jgbaxter »

Agree with BV of course, also to that point, this core or I suppose the term novelty core works, will never be close to balanced, there simply is never enough playtesting or regular games to make it happen, especially at 15-25 players per side.
n.b. I may not see a forum post replied to me or a pm sent to me for weeks and weeks...
jgbaxter

Post by jgbaxter »

Raveen wrote:
QUOTE (Raveen @ Mar 9 2008, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that's a bit general, EoR had decent support from players and enough of a following that it could have caught on more. It failed from lack of updates and insufficient playtesting, funny enough it wasn't from the poor (undeserved) core reputation.
n.b. I may not see a forum post replied to me or a pm sent to me for weeks and weeks...