Creating parts with properties not listed in ICE

Core Editor
Dark_Sponge

Post by Dark_Sponge »

First off I am trying to teach myself ICE and don't know much (big thanks to Hawkwood for the manual in progress).

I am trying to create a teleport probe (or something functionally similar) that only allows small-ripcording. My original idea, duplicating and changing the properties of the current teleport probe doesn't work because there isn't a small-rip option. My other idea was to create a parts version of phoenix's smallrip drone that could be deployed from a ship like ac towers are deployable from capships. Is it possible?
ImageImageImage
Andon

Post by Andon »

Neither are. Deployables fall under two categories: Probes and minefields. All towers, TPs, EWS probes etc are probes. IF there is no 'Small Rip' option in there, then it can't be done
ImageImage
Dark_Sponge

Post by Dark_Sponge »

Solaria wrote:
QUOTE (Solaria @ Mar 18 2008, 03:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Neither are. Deployables fall under two categories: Probes and minefields. All towers, TPs, EWS probes etc are probes. IF there is no 'Small Rip' option in there, then it can't be done

Hmm, then I guess my next question would be, Is it possible to do it outside of ICE? It appears as if ICE left "blank spots" for additional options to be added. Also, the way phoenix tech seems to be "thrown in there" makes me wonder if it wasn't done in ICE at all.
ImageImageImage
madpeople

Post by madpeople »

Dark_Sponge wrote:
QUOTE (Dark_Sponge @ Mar 18 2008, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, the way phoenix tech seems to be "thrown in there" makes me wonder if it wasn't done in ICE at all.

i don't understand? it seems perfectly possible to do what pnx does in ICE
Andon

Post by Andon »

The only way to edit cores, currently, is with ICE

EDIT: And yes, everything that Nix can do can be done with ICE
Last edited by Andon on Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Dark_Sponge

Post by Dark_Sponge »

Disappointing, but thanks for your response.
ImageImageImage